2.9

Dedicated to istoleurrcandy, here's a double update for you ❤🌸

/~//~/

Michael couldn't pay attention to the T.V, and that wasn't because Luke had switched the channel to ABC Kids and taken the remote with him when he went to the kitchen.
No, it was because his mind was definitely elsewhere.

Two places to be exact.

1. Calum. He desperately wanted a full explanation. Screw whether Luke or Ashton cared for one, he wanted it, and it wasn't fair he wasn't allowed to get it.

2. He could hear the conversation Luke and Ashton were having in the kitchen and it was making him more than a little uncomfortable.

"He's been this way for weeks, Ash, and I hate to say this but it's driving me insane." Luke exasperated, TV remote still in his hand. "I'm trying my best not to get mad but it's getting really hard."

Ashton sighed. "Alright. I know. He just needs more time—"

"Screw time!" Luke burst. "If we'd acted this way before we would've got punished for it!"

"That's not right and you know it." Ashton spat. "Besides, Michael doesn't need punishment he needs love. You can't tell me you don't love him anymore."

"Of course I do. He's one of my everything. That's not what I'm saying-"

"No, what you're saying is that you're tired of him. But let's be fair here, babe. You saw Calum too today, right?"

"Yeah?"

"How'd that make you feel?"

Luke shrugged, mumbling. "I dunno, kinda mad... upset a lil'."

"Exactly!" Ashton insisted. "Now imagine how that would've made Michael feel? The already miserable Michael."

"I guess so, but my point still stands. We shouldn't have to treat him like a baby, I just don't-"

"I'm gonna stop you right there, Luke. Who always washed my teddies for me? Who always helped you pick your outfits? Who always helped us decide on movies? Go shopping? Sort arguments? Hmm? Who treated us like diamonds even though we were being childish?"

Luke blushed an embarrassed and ashamed red, fiddling with the remote in his hands. "Michael did..."

"That's right. Now listen—" Ashton began to move around the kitchen, making himself a drinm "—if he needs to go through some kind of 'little' phase in order to get over Calum then fine. We'll try help him through it, you understand?"

Luke sighed. "Yeah, I guessed you'd say that. He's watching some princess fairy show."

Ashton grinned. "See? You do know how to help him."

Luke anxiously fiddled his fingers with his bottom lip, thinking out loud for a moment. "I'm not even sure he likes fairies or princesses."

"Well I guess we'll have to figure that out then, won't we?" Ashton reassured. "It's gonna be tough for a while but as long as Mikey turns out okay at the end then it'll be worth it, yeah?"

"Yeah, you're right."

"Of course I am." Ashton teased, finishing off the cup of coffee he made. "Here." He said, passing it to Luke. "Take this to him, I'll grab the biscuit tin."

Luke took it from his hands, feeling the warmth from inside caress his cold hands, and wandered back out into the lounge room.

"Hey Mikey." Luke held the drink out to the older male. "Ash made you some coffee." He smiled, trying his best to get Michael to at least smile a little back.

Michael gave a small muttered 'thank you' and gently took the drink from Luke's hands. His attention moved to Ashton as the male set down a tin of biscuits on the table, grinning as he spoke.

"Can't have coffee without biscuits."

"I thought it was tea and biscuits?" Luke pondered, giggling quietly when Ashton gave him a betrayed look.

Michael spared one glance at the cover of the tin and desperately wanted to burst into tears. He felt pathetic, two brown beagles reminding him of the man they'd kicked out.

"Mike?" Ashton noticed the sudden decline in expression.

"I want to see him." Michael pleaded, his gaze locked hopelessly on his drink settled in his hands. "I-... I want to speak to him."

Luke sighed dismally. "Look, Michael-"

"No! You don't get it!" Michael exasperated, looking up this time as his tone took the two men by surprise. "You don't understand!"

"We do-" Ashton insisted.

"You don't!" Michael huffed, getting up and dumping his drink on the table. "I'll show you."

The two exchanged looks of confusion before following after him. Ashton frowned when he realised they were headed for the basement, he'd never gone in there very much. Maybe once or twice to find Calum for something, but that was it.

"You won't let me see him, so I may as well give up hiding from you guys." Michael drearily mumbled, pushing open the basement door.

Luke frowned, worried. "Mikey, if you don't want to you don't have to."

"Doesn't matter." Michael shrugged, switching the light on. "S'not like he cared enough to stay."

Ashton pitied him, knowing out of all of them Michael had taken Calum's betrayal the hardest.

Michael wandered further inside, loosely fiddling with a set of chains hanging from the ceiling. "He used to tie me up for hours. Whip me, spank me, punch me-"

Luke's eyes widened with shock, while Ashton tried not to outwardly show his reaction.

Michael refused to look up at them, knowing they'd be sickened by him now. He moved to the cupboard and opened the doors; stepping aside to show the contents they'd never used before. "He'd use the leather to make the chains hurt less..."

"S-So... So you were like his sub?" Luke hesitantly asked, his arm entwined with Ashton's and their fingers interlocked together.

Michael shook his head, walking to the back corner and pulling a black blanket from off of a box looking shape. He sighed, looking at the cage with no intention to look at the two males.

"More like his slave..."

"And did you... did you like it?"

Michael nodded, his eyes stinging with sharp pain as tears threatened to break through. He was fucking disgusting, he knew he was. And now they were going to kick him out. They were going to awkwardly avoid him or tell him to fuck off.

After a moment of tense silence, Michael froze up as someone engulfed him into a tight hug. It only took a single whiff of strong yet soothing coconut and vanilla scented deodorant for Michael to figure it was Ashton who'd hugged him.

The male's voice spoke softly, his lips near Michael's ear as he held Michael close. "We still love you. I promise."

Michael broke, clutching onto Ashton as he began to cry; overwhelmed by everything toppling down onto him.

"Shh it's okay." Ashton soothed, placing a hand to the back of Michael's head and gently tucking him into his chest. "I know that must've been hard to admit, but we love you. We'll always love you."

"I miss him." Michael sobbed. "I'm dependent on him, you don't understand-"

Ashton sighed, hugging him tighter. "I'll call him... If he wants to chat, you can go see him."

Michael gave out a breath of shaky relief. "Thank you." It was barely audible through the tears, but Ashton caught it with an ache of his heart.

Calum cheated, why would Michael put himself through the torment of getting details about it?
It felt like such an awful idea, but if not doing it is hurting Michael this much then, dammit, Ashton had no choice.