3.7

Calum huffed, pulling off his second work sock and tossing it into the small pile of work clothes next to the bedroom mirror.
The lamp was on and the night was weary as he sat himself down on the side of his and Michael's bed; his said boyfriend returning to the room after having showered and changed into his pyjamas.

"I think we should go back to our roots." Michael blurted, sliding his way into bed.

"What? High school?" Calum frowned, confused.

"No! I mean for your proposal." Michael reiterated. "I think it'd be cute."

"A high school proposal?"

"Not at a high school!" Michael playfully glared.

"So where then?"

"You know, how we all got together. Something like that."

"The café?" Calum questioned, shuffling in to sit beneath the blankets next to Michael.

"No, you dimwit! A movie night." Michael blushed, realising how sappy he sounded. "We used to watch those silly kids movies and Ashton would always sing along to the songs and cry at the sad parts. Luke would have this shit-eating grin on his face the entire way through, because he'd be the one who got to choose the movie."

He continued, looking down at his fiddling hands as he did so. "You'd have a pillow in your lap with the popcorn on top, because Ashton would've spilt some before the movie, and I'd lean on your shoulder. You always had a fondness in your eyes each time the guys reacted to the film..." Michael gave a blushed smile, looking up to meet Calum's soft gaze. "And I'd always end up falling in love a little bit more each time."

"God you're so cute." Calum mumbled, cupping a hand to Michael's cheek and kissing him. He pulled away with a smile. "So you think we should propose during a night in?"

"It's good in theory. But maybe they want something extravagant—" Michael fretted.

"Babe, if they want extravagant they can wait for the engagement party and the actual wedding. You and I both know there's no way Luke's gonna let the party be lame or Ashton's gonna let the wedding look boring."

Michael stifled a laugh. "Okay, true."

"Alright! We'll propose on Thursday: date night."

"Wait, we?"

"Yeah, of course!" Calum beamed. "It'd be the cutest thing!"

Michael pursed his lips, briefly letting the thought of not being proposed to cross his mind before he forced a smile. "Okay."

"I already have the rings, did you want Luke's or Ashton's? Or did you want us to propose to both. Like 'will you marry us?'?"

"I like the both idea." Michael lied.

"I thought you would, it's nice. Equal. I love it." Calum hummed with a relieved smile. "You have no idea how happy I am that we're back together. I never want to have another fight like that again."

"And we won't." Michael insisted, leaning over to kiss his cheek. "Promise."

Calum grinned and Michael playfully scolded him. "Now turn that lamp off and get to sleep before all your talking wakes the boys up."