Chapter 2- Delirium

"I don't recall stuttering." I said as I looked up at him and mirrored the dumbfounded look on his face. I'm proud of myself for how confident I sound compared to the all the nerves i feel.

"Well, well. We have a cheeky one here boys." Harry smiled as he walked up to stand next to Mr.Macho here. 

"Looks like you're my problem now." The tan boy scowls as he shoves me and I stumble back.  

Demi quickly gets in front of me before I can retaliate. "Zayn, please leave him alone. He's new here, so he doesn't know who you are and how things work around here." 

"Back off Demi." He snaps at her and my anger flares.

"Come on, lads. It's his first day here." The brunette boy says as he walks to stand on the other side of Zayn and rests his arms on his shoulder. "Let this just be a warning." 

This Zayn person is giving me the death stare but I refuse to look away. I don't want him to think he intimidates me.

"I'll let it go this time. Better not get in my way next time." His irritated eyes run up and down my body before his shoulder smashes into me as he walks by. His minions follow him as the crowd begins to disperse.

Demi lets out a sigh a relief and I see a flash of sadness fill her eyes before she looks at me with a small grin. "That was a close one."

"Who the hell do those cunts think they are!" I yell. 

"That's Delirium, Niall. The guy that was in your face, yeah that's their leader. The brunette is Liam and well.. you know Harry. No one messes with them. And you shouldn't either. You could find yourself in some massive trouble. Just let it go." Demi pats my back slightly as we head over to English, which I have with none of the hoodlums.

*

*

*

I had gym for third. Guess who else was there? Zayn. Luckily his posse wasn't there, yet It didn't make me hate this class any less. 

When I went to the locker room, I saw Zayn eyeing me from across the room. He whispered into three random guys ears as he continued to stare at me then he leaned against the wall and smirked.

What the hell is he grining about. I don't like this guy. But I'm not gonna let him get to me.. 

I see less and less people leave as they head to their next class. I slung my backpack on one shoulder and started to pass the shower rooms to head for the exit. While passing the isles of showers, someone pushes me on the floor.

I try to get up but whoever this is kicks me down. I look up to see the three guys Zayn was whispering to. I get up and punch one of the guys but the other two grab me and the third punches me in my face two more times then knees me in my stomach. My vision gets blurry and they push me in a shower stall and turn on cold water. Then they all run off.

 I lay there for a while.. too pained to get up.

After a few minutes I get up, clothes soaked and attached to my skin. I limp out the shower clutching my side and when I turn the corner I see Liam, my eyes go wide as he starts to walk toward me. Like the smooth person I am, I slip and fall to the floor.

I gasp and shut my eyes tightly as I get ready for another blow.

He leans down and he grabs my chin lightly as he turns my face a little. 

"Whoa, What happened to you." He asks, slightly shocked. 

Not what I was expecting.. he's taunting me.

I scoff. "Like you don't know." I look up at him. 

What's he doing? I'm in pain and i'd like to leave. So if he's not gonna cause any more pain upon my already injured body i'd like to go.

He grabs a towel and wraps it around me before rubbing his hands up and down my arms, drying me off. 

I'm stunned and I stare him with a confused expression on my face.

"I didn't. But I can imagine. Listen.. you're on his shit list and he won't let this go for a while. For your own good, you should stay away from Zayn. Then this won't happen." He stands up and ruffles my hair a bit before leaving. 

That was... weird. Why does he care if I get into some confrontation with Zayn.. isn't he his friend? And what the hell does he expect me to do? Skip the classes I have with him. God, I hope this is the only class I have with him.

I stand up and clutch the towel tighter around me as I shiver.

Not even half the day is over and I've already made enemies and gotten myself jumped. Great..