Chapter 8- Demi's past

--------Nialls POV--------

~*~ 2 months later ~*~

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Bee-

I slap my alarm clock off and stretch in my bed. I place my hands behind my head and I recollect and reminisce these last couple of weeks.

Things have really died down at school, I haven't gotten picked on since the first two weeks. Which is amazing. Well, I guess I owe it all to Nicky and Cassie. They're really well known in the school, and I don't know why, but they started talking to me and we slowly became friends. Since then, no one has bothered me. Surprisingly, Zayn hasn't tried to pick on me either. Other than the occasional glance and smirk. Which is weird.. 

I do know this though, I have this huge crush on Liam Payne. I don't know.. Maybe it's because of the way he helped me out the first week. But lately everything he does is attractive to me. I've noticed that he's really kind to everyone. I really don't understand how he can be accociated with Dilirium. Unfortunelty I haven't really tried to make a move on him.. Other than occasionally ask for help in Math class. Mostly because when I do see him I see him with different girls.. which makes me upset. But I push it to the back of my mind and try not to think much of it.

Buzzz. Buzzz. Buzzz.

I groan as I roll over and grab my phone. I squinted my eyes from the harsh light coming from it, it was a text from Nicky.

Nicky: Hurry up and get ready numbnuts. Cassie and I are going to pick you up today (: 

Charmer, that one is.

About fifteen minutes later- I heard car horns. BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP BEEPBEEP.

"Bye mom!" I yell as I grab my backpack and head for the door.

"Bye sweetie, i'm glad you're making friends." She smiled as she took a sip of her coffee.

"HURRY UP, NUMBNUTS." I heard Nicky yell. I saw my mom start to frown but I rushed through the door before she could make any comment.

"WOOOO! I'm soo happy today's the last day of school before winter break." Cassie raised her eyebrows a couple times while elbowing me in my arm. "You know what winter break means?"

I chuckled at her enthusiasm. "What does it mean?" 

"Cuddling with your lover by the fireplace and drinking hot tea while watching movies." She wrapped her arms around herself and sighed happily.

Awe-

She snapped her head up and looked at me. "Or lots of sex.. ya know. To warm up."

Nevermind.

"I go for the second one." Nicky snickered.

"Of course you would- hey look. There's Demi. Lets give her a lift to school!" I poked Nicky as he past her in his car. 

"Oh come on, mate. She can walk." Cassie sighed.

"Go back and ask her if she wants a lift, or let me out. She's my friend too ya know." I frowned at her.

"Yeah Cassie, quit being a bitch. She's his friend too ya know." He mocked me in an Irish accent as he reversed the car. 

I laughed. "Dick."

"Hey Demi!" I yelled at the window. "Wanna lift to school?" She turned around and sniffled. Her beanie was practically covering her eyes and her scarf was wrapped up around her neck and mouth. Even though all you could really see was her red nose, I could tell from a mile away that that was Demi.