Chapter 26- Succumbing

Niall took a deep shaky breath as he kept his head down, purposely trying to avoid eye contact with anyone around him as he quickly made his way up the steps into the school. Thinking that maybe he should have waited for Demi or Liam to accompany him because everyone in the this hell they call school is out to get him. But he didn't want to be a coward anymore, he wanted to face his fears and just go to school and pray that everyone forgot about the ordeal.

He heard people around him whispering and snickering at him, he knew it was about him. But  he thought that maybe if he just didn't look at them they wouldn't have any reason to bother him. 

At least, that's what he hoped.

He made his way to his locker, holding the straps of his bag for dear life. He lifted his shaking hand up to put in his combination for the lock and froze. 'WHORE' was carved on his locker door, along with slut and fag. He took a step back from his locker as he heard laughing around him and all he wanted to do was run to class, he didn't necessarily need any books for Drama anyway and the way he felt eyes piercing through him made him break out in a nervous sweat. He felt the anxiety creeping up his throat as he turned to run. 

A foot came out in front of him and but he couldn't react fast enough and tripped over it, yelling out in surprise and pain as his shoulder and head hit the tile floor. 

"Where do you think you're going, fag?" A voice spat above him as he was kicked so he was laying on his back, staring up at his tormentor. 

He didn't even know him. But they were just bullying him solely because of what they thought he did, because they thought Zayn would approve. Maybe he would.

"L-leave me alone! I just want to get to class." Niall said weakly as he tried to stand up but the other boy grabbed his collar and slammed him into the lockers, punching him in the face repeatedly before kneeing him in the stomach. He whimpered as he doubled over, clutching his stomach as he felt the blood traveling down the side of his mouth and his temple from the rings the boy hand on him.

"Make him pay Nathaniel!" A boy from the crowd yells.

He grabbed Nialls shoulder and pressed him back into the lockers, "You have a lot of nerve, showing your face back here again. And without your little posse too. Who the fuck do you think you are?" Nathaniel growls as he wraps his hand around the blond boys neck to stare into his eyes. They've attracted quite the crowd as he looks around him with fear in his eyes, the tears spill from the corner of his eyes as he squeezes them shut and pushes the boy in front of him with all his might, making him stumble away.

He breathes heavily for a moment as he watches him with his wide before he sends a fist flying towards Nialls face and he ducks out the way before pushing through the crowd and running towards the stairs. 

"Well what are you waiting for?! Get him!!" Nathaniel yells as the crowd of boys start to run after him. 

His tears are making it hard to see as he tries to blink them away, blindly running up stairs and through doors. As he runs through a set of double doors someone grabs his hair as he's running and makes him cry out as he's pulled into a bathroom.

"Well, if it isn't Niall Horan. I saw those pictures, y'know and you're a bit of a slut ain't ya?" He's being held up against the wall by a boy in front of him with shaggy blond hair and this is a whole new type of harassment that makes his knees weak and his blood run cold and he wants to scream. He want's to scream for Zayn to save him. 

Zayn where are you..save me. Please, save me.

The boy runs his thumb across Nialls bottom lip as he begins to sob, trying to get away from him but he's twice his size. 

"You're really pretty, I bet you give amazing blow jobs as well don't ya? Why don't you get a bit of a taste, yeah? It's only fair since I've heard you slept with plenty of boys at this school since you're such a slag." He laughs as he starts to unbuckle his belt and Niall is practically shaking but he has to move, he has to get away and while his hands are preoccupied he kicks him straight in the balls and brings him to his knees before punching him in the nose.

"Stay away from me!" He screams as he runs around the boy hunched on the floor groaning but his hand grabs his foot and he falls on the floor once again. He whimpers pitifully as he tries to kick himself free as he almost ends up underneath the other boy but he puts his foot against his chest and pushes him away as he runs out the bathroom.

"THERE HE IS!" He hears someone yell from behind him and Zayns gang is there running down the hallway.

"Fuck, fuck." He whispers underneath his breath and it feels like there's no escape from this nightmare. He wishes he never came to school today, he wishes Zayn was there for him. But would he even protect him or would he have joined them? Maybe he sent them to do this so he'd never return to his school again.

He wishes he was never born.

He finds another flight of stairs that leads to an emergency exit sign and he runs through it, light enveloping him as he finds himself on the roof of the school. The gang is right behind him as he walks to the edge of the building before he turns around, they're surrounding him and waiting for what he's going to do. Spitefulness in their eyes, hatred. They all want him dead.

Niall laughs and looks up to the sky before he turns around and looks down, he's far up. He jumps up on the ledge and turns around, tears running down his blotchy cheeks. "This is what you guys fucking wanted, right?!"

He see's them with devious smiles on their faces, some urging him to jump. He squeezes his hands into fists as he turns around and looks down at the students faces that have gathered down beneath him with their phones out. "Fine...I'll do what you want." He breathes in deeply and tries to gather his courage, thinks of the positive that will come out of this.

He'll no longer be in pain.

*

*

*

Meeeh, here ya go loves. Sorry for the short chapter, just means the next chapter will be up sooner tho! Comment and like pleasee.