3

The rambunctious blaring of the small alarm clock jarred Hayley out of her peaceful sleep as she jolted up, smashing the snooze button as hard as she possibly could. It was seven in the morning. She had one hour to get ready and one more hour to take the bus and be there on time.

"Damn it!" she scoffed, rolling over in her slovenly sheets as the sunlight hissed at her face. Her disheveled, bright red curls were scattered across her pillow, and every breath she exhaled smelled faintly of ammonia and eviscerated, decomposing corpses. Thankfully, I have nobody to share with this putrid moment with, she thought.

She hadn't slept well that night considering the fact that Andrew Harper was back in town. The guy she had been constantly hoping he would never come back. She remembered vividly the encounter she had had with him before he had fled the country one week after. And now he was back tracking her down. Things couldn't get any better. She thought.

Rushing into the bathroom, she took a quick shower and within five minutes she was done and dressed in her usual baggy trousers and sweater. The remaining minutes would be spent cooking tea for Anna and Nick. She wouldn't wake them up because it was still very early for them. She would just leave them a note.

**

Checking the address again, she noted it was still the same. She wasn't mistaken. The place looked kind of strange. The house looked abandoned.
Had he given me the right address really. There is no one around. The place is so deserted. She thought.

"Hey you! What are you doing here! This is private property!" A guy startled her from behind.

"I a.a..m I," She stammered with panic striken on her face.

"Were you sent to spy on!" The guy snapped.

"What?" She blurted. "Are you insane! What are you talking about you prick?"

"How dare you insult me you hoe! Wait till I teach you some lesson!" He said pulling her hair dragging her inside.

What have I gotten myself into. Hayley thought.

"Boss! I caught one of Sultan's spies outside," The guy that was dragging her said on the phone!

"Bring her to my quarters now!" The second guy on the phone replied.

Hayley noted that the place wasn't what she had expected for it to look like on the inside. Inside was very different compared to the old building. There were many activities taking place. The place was full of both men and young girls busy wrapping things she couldn't get what they were.

"Here she is boss," The guy said to a man who was swaying on his swivel chair talking on the phone.

"Okay,see you tonight Ashley. Oh, and wear that sexy lingerie you had on that other day. It sure did turn my moods on," She heard the man talk on the phone. Gross! She couldn't really see his face since his back faced her. But he sounded familiar. That voice!

"No! No! I want you to wear that reddish one. Don't bother pleasing me by buying a new one! I want that one okay......yeah, good. See you later darling," He said finishing his call.

"Okay, Lincoln where is that....,"

"Sir?" she cut him short. It was the man that had offered her a job. No wonder the voice had been so familiar. Buy why had he brought her here!  In this strange place!

"Oh! It's you! Lincoln meet who? What's your name miss?" He asked her smiling mischievously.

"Hayley sir,"

"Lincoln meet Hayley. She is no spy. She is just a new member of our team. Hayley that is Lincoln. He is my third in command. Oh! Of course you don't get me. So Lincoln here will show you what you here for. He will explain everything," Adrian said.

"Sir! There is something I don't get! Why am I here? I mean this place is so strange. I wasn't signing up to come work in a place like this. What will I be doing anyway?"

"Watch your tone miss! I am the fucking boss here! You already agreed to work for me so there is no going back! No one backs out when they make a deal with me!" Adrian blurted.

"But sir! You promised it wouldn't be something dangerous and by your tone....,"

"And by my tone what girl?" Adrian asked laughing. "You wanna act stubborn? You see this baby here," He said showing her a gun drawing it from his desk. Hayley trembled. "This is what I use to those who try to get on my wrong side. I show no mercy!"

"I am not doing your dirty job Mr!"

This girl is something else. I will have to deal with her myself. Adrian thought.

"Lincoln go and make sure all drugs are packed well and make sure all the girls doing the deliveries are dressed to impress and confirm that no one is sent to Andrew. She'll do it," He said smirking at her. "I will deal with her for now,"

Andrew! No No it can't be the Andrew she knew! There were many people by the name Andrew. More so he had been out of the country so it couldn't be him. She calmed herself hopefully!

"So, Hayley! Beautiful name I see! You want to defy my orders!" he barked at her cupping her face.

"No sir!" She replied back frightened.

"Good! I want you to deliver those drugs. One of my men's will accompany you. He'll show you how it's done! Then you'll report back to me! And you do whatever the guy wants you to do! Have I made myself clear?"

"Do whatever the guy wants me to do? What do you mean by that sir?"

"When he touches you do not resist! It's still a part of that job! We don't want to lose a customer do we? That would cost me a whole lots of amount little girl,"

"Wait, what! I can not allow someone to touch me inappropriately to please you! "

"Then you may as well go rot in hell and await us there!" he said pointing the gun at her.

"Please Sir! have mercy!"

"I show no mercy to no Human! Oh so you think the character right in front of you is the same one that bought those fruits from you! That was my other rare side! This is the real Adrian Grey!"

"Please sir! I can not do this dangerous job! I can not endanger my little siblings sir! Please sir! I know there is that part of you that has some little concern. Put yourself in my shoes! I have a little 5 years old sister and a 10 years old brother. I am all that they have," she said choking in her tears.

Damn it! Her voice! Why was it affecting him! Why wasn't he saying something. What was happening to him? What was she doing to him? He thought. She was just a nobody. It was just a misunderstanding. He couldn't show her any mercy! It would be a sign of weakness as a mafia boss.

"Hayley! Hayley!" he called her name repeatedly getting closer to her. " It's either you work for me or I shoot you right here, right now. It's your decision to make,"he said whispering in her ears. She could notice his firm voice that rang in her ears. He was a man who showed no mercy! He couldn't hesitate to shove a bullet inside her head if she refused to go with option one. But if she went with that option she would be entering in a world she would not get out from. Would she really endanger her siblings? If she went with option two he would just end her life and end all her miseries. Maybe some good person would end up adopting her little siblings. Which one last tear dropping from her eyes she had already made her decision.

"Shoot me!"

***

What do you think so far?

Is Adrian being too tough on her?

Just give it a chance loves.

Keep on commenting. I wanna get your feedback!

#please vote! Vote! Vote loves!