20

"What! Uh.. Something caught my eye," Hayley replied embarrassed. Jerk! All along she had thought he had wanted to kiss her.

Adrian laughed, " That doesn't seem so to me,"

"Enlighten me then Mr know it all,"

"I think you wanted me to kiss you," Adrian said.

Throwing a pillow at him, Adrian burst into laughter, " What.. Hell No," Hayley said.

Adrian started leaning in again. But this time, he took her lips into his. Kissing her softly, she responded to his kiss gently, enjoying the moment. His hands caught her neck as he deepened the kiss making her  let out a soft moan.

"Ouch!" Hayley gasped.

"What is it?" Adrian suddenly asked.

"My leg! I think I might have forgotten I have a wound!" Hayley replied.

"It's my fault! I shouldn't have kissed you. You need to keep your strength,"Adrian said moving slightly before Hayley caught his hand.

"What?"

Debating on whether to say it or not, she spoke up, "Please! Kiss me again,"

"Miss Archer can not resist my charms even with a wounded leg, can she?" Adrian smirked at her a smug on his face.

"Shut up and kiss me!"

Without hesitating, Adrian leaned in and pressed his lips into hers. Again. This time, the kiss was more passionate.

She could feel the fireworks and the desire to ask him to go further. But her wound would not let them go further than that. At that moment as their tongues tangled in a sweet motion, she knew she was addicted to his kisses.

After minutes of extreme sweetness of his lips, he stopped the kiss. "You need to rest pinky,"

That word again! He remembered it. So that meant he had not been too drunk that day to forget their unexpected situation.

Lying down on her bed a smile plastered on her lips, Hayley knew she not only liked her boss, but she was starting to develop feelings for him.

The way he made her feel, the way she liked his smile, She knew it wasn't just something out of the blue. She was falling for him. It scared the hell out of her. Adrian did not seem to be capable of loving someone.

For the night she wouldn't think about it. She could still feel his presence besides her. He was still there. Maybe he was indeed capable of love. Fully pushing the thoughts out of her mind, She let her mind rest as sleep carried her away.

***

Her therapist had arrived earlier that day. It had been two weeks since the incident.

Luckily, the bullet had not left much damage on her leg. Adrian has insisted on getting her a therapist but she had tried to insist she did not need one but he had been so adamant about it.

Today was her last day since her leg was almost fully healed.

For the past two weeks, Adrian had been showering her with so much care. She had almost mistaken it for love. She knew he did not love her. 

But at a point she almost thought that he did. The way he looked at her, smiled at her, throwing kisses at her once in a while, always visiting her room every night, his affection confused the hell out of her.

"We are done miss Hayley," Her therapist said.

She could now walk on her own with no support. Although not totally. She could still limp a little.