38

EARLIER

"I will be there as soon as possible," Mrs Grey cuts off the call and picks up her handbag.

She traces her car keys and storms out of the house.

"Hey mother. You're next!" Emily startles her. Her back is leaning on a wall.

Mrs Grey traces her phone from her purse, "What are you doing here? I'm going to call the police,"

Emily laughs, "You will be dead before you do that," She walks closer to her.

"I hate people who betray me!" She draws a pocket knife.

Mrs Grey stutters. "What are you going to do with that?"

"Daah! Are you dumb! Kill you of course! And after I am done with you, I'm going for your dear darling daughter. Everyone Adrian loves will pay!"

"You are sick you..,"

She cuts her off by grabbing her hair and spins her on the ground. Mrs Grey tries to fight her off but she is too strong for her.

"See you in hell mother!" She stabs her countless times on her stomach.

Mrs Grey groans in pain as blood splashes out of her.

She closes her eyes and exhales her last breath.

PRESENT TIME.

Hayley batters her eyelids and opens her eyes. She looks around the room she is in when everything comes back flashing in her mind. Emily stabbing her, Adrian rescuing her. For a moment she had thought she would not make it.

Someone is on the couch snoring slightly.

Adrian.

"Adrian.," She mumbles. Her voice is not as strong. Luckily he stirs and opens his eyes.

"I'm I dreaming?" Adrian rubs off his eyes. "You're awake!" He gets up from the couch and walks towards her.

"Baby..Hey..you're finally awake,"

"Finally? How long have I been sleeping?"

"You were in a comma for seven days. The doctors predicted you would last even a month! I'm so happy that you're finally awake. I have been coming here everyday hoping you would wake up!" He tightens her in an embrace.

"What happened? I thought you were mad at me for..,"

Adrian cuts her off.

"No baby. It was all mom's plan. She wanted to bring down Emily. She had it all figured out. She was also the one who sent dad to meet up with you,"

"Your dad!?"

"Yeah. He was the mysterious guy,"

"So your mom was not a bad person after all!"

"Yes baby.  Only that she is no more!"

Hayley gasps. "What? What happened? I'm so sorry love,"

"It's okay baby. We buried her yesterday. Emily happened. She killed her,"

"What! Hasn't she been caught yet?! Adrian what if she comes back for me!"

"No love. My men are on the search. And if she does, she will have to face me. I am not leaving you alone," Adrian cups her face. "I'm glad that you're finally awake. I love you so much,"

Hayley facepalms him. "I love you more love,"

"How is your tummy! Is it hurting?"

" Just a bit when I move. When do I get discharged?"