34

The stranger clears his throat. "Your one day to be mother in law and Emily are plotting something,"

"What do you mean?"

"Nate is what I mean,"

"What about Adrian's son?"

"You will be shocked,"

"Speak!"

The stranger lets out a small laugh. "Calm down will you?"

"Can we get to the bottom of this. I don't have the entire time,"

"Okay. Sure. Nate does not have a brain tumor. That is Gina's and Emily's doing,"

"I'm confused. Who is Gina?"

"Adrian's mom,"

"And what do you mean that Nate does not have brain tumor? I'm literally confused,"

"That is all for you to figure out. I have done my part. You have to get to the bottom of this. They are just manipulating Adrian. Gina is a witch,"

Hayley facepalms herself and cusses. "Shit! I can't believe this. Why would they do such a thing?"

Silence.

The stranger is already gone. She sits there for another couple more minutes and stands up to leave.

Her mind is going crazy. Adrian needs to know about it. But how will she even explain it? She will have to get some evidence before she takes any step. Does she even trust the stranger?

Adrian is already back home. He walks up to her the moment she steps inside the big metallic door.

"Where were you? Why did you leave the house?"

"I uh..I went shopping,"

"Shopping? Where are the bags?"

Oops! "Oh..yeah..I couldn't find anything that suited me apparently,"

Adrian facepalms her. "Next time take Louis with you..Okay?"

Hayley teases, "Okay Dad,"

Emily is in the kitchen busy listening to their conversation. She notices Hayley and just rolls her eyes at her.

"I'm serious. I don't want you taking cabs. And that reminds me. You have driving lessons to take. Starting now!"

"What! Now! It's almost seven Adrian!"

"Yeah! I know. Anyway how about we just go for a drive. I need to relax my mind and I just know of someplace. You will love it,"

"Sounds great to me! Let me change into warmer clothes. I will be right down,"

"I will be outside waiting. Don't take too long,"

Adrian is leaning on his car his hands crossed with Emily busy talking to him. She sees Hayley walking towards them and leans in to embrace Adrian. Adrian wraps his hands around her. What the hell!

"What's going on?"

"Oh, love. Emily here was just panicking. I'm just consoling her that Nate will get better,"

She wipes a fake tear on her face. "We can't lose him Adrian,"

"We are not going to lose him! Be strong for our boy, okay?"

Hayley remembers the stranger's words. ' Nate does not have a brain tumor. That is Gina's and Emily's doing '

She opens her mouth to tell Adrian about it but she doesn't. If she is going to tell him, she has to be totally convinced that the stranger was right. But something in her hopes that it is all a lie. No matter how much she wants Emily out of their lives, that is a sick move. Bedding your own flesh and blood in a condition that doesn't exist just to get what she wants!