17

The weather outside was not promising. It would rain in a couple of minutes. Hayley had now resumed her duties and was presently working on the garden. Luckily, Nanny, Mrs Grey and Alexandra had not known about what had happened that morning. Poor Russell! She felt guilty about it! She had met up with him later on with a beaten up face! He had not talked to her. She deserved it! She had taken advantage of his kindness. She would try her best to apologize later.

Alexandra and her had chatted after breakfast and she was really a nice person according to her judgement. She now had a friend. It was long since she had someone to talk to. She did not have a social life anymore after her parents passing. The only friend she could have count on had left the country with her parents.

Humming the song that was playing on her music play a voice coming from around startled her.

"If Rian finds us here, he will kill us both you know!" The feminine voice said.

"You know he can not do that! Moreso , he is at work! I just excused myself to come see you!" A male voice spoke.

"Okay then! I missed you! You left me hanging that other day you came at our house!"

She had now recognized the female voice. It was Alex, Adrian's sister! Who was she talking to!

"We can not continue seeing each other like this Alex! Adrian will catch up! Someone might see us!" The male voice said.

"But..What about we tell Adrian about us,"

"Us! There is no us Alex! Adrian can not allow this! I do not do relationships! I will only heartbreak your heart. You're a beautiful woman! You're too young for me! You will find someone better ..,"

"I want you Leo! I do not want someone else!" Alex bursted into tears.

Leo! Adrian's second in command! She loathed that man! He was the devil's incarnate! The way he had grabbed her hand painfully at the basement! She could not trust such a man! Why did Alex have to get involved with him! Moving closer, she could now see them standing on a tree nearby.

"C'mon baby. We will talk about it some other time! I have to get back to work! Okay?" Leo said kissing her on the forehead.

"I only get that?" Alexandra asked.

Grabbing her, he took her lips and kissed her hungrily. She watched them as they kissed, her mind jumping to someone else.

𝑜ℎ 𝑛𝑜! 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 ℎ𝑖𝑚! She scolded herself.

"Come to my room tonight! We will be leaving tomorrow," Alex said breaking off the kiss.

"I will try baby! I have to go," Pecking her once more on her lips, Leo disappeared.

Creeping back without making some noise, Hayley walked back to her spot before Alex could notice her. It wasn't her business anyways. She put back her earphones and got back to her jam.

***

"Boss! We got an email from an unknown source. We can not track it," Lincoln said.

"What does it say?" Adrian asked.

"Uh..it's a threat message! The person wrote that you're going to pay for killing his cousin and refusing to hand over his girlfriend,"

Son of a bitch! He of course knew who it was from! Andrew, Hayley's ex.

"Who said you can not track the email?"

"Yes sir..It's encrypted,"

"Okay, you can leave Lincoln," Adrian excused him.