37

Hayley just stares at her as she teases her face with the big jerrican full off acid. Her leg is numb from the acid Emily had poured on her. It's useless to beg her not to pour the acid on her. She will still do it.

Her face will be totally ruined. No one will recognize her anymore.

"Can I tell you something,'' Emily drags a chair and sits next to her. " When Adrian and I used to date, I was just using him. He loved me so much but by then he was just a naive teenager unlike now. He is more handsome, muscular. I was in love with this other guy whom I used to cheat on him with,"

She pauses.

"When Adrian found us in his bed, that is when I realized I had made a terrible mistake. He dumped me and my world fell apart. The worst thing is realizing that I was carrying his son. It broke me. I wanted to get rid of the pregnancy. But I couldn't. So, I decided to just keep it. To get a reminder of him,"

Emily wipes a single tear on her face.

" My baby boy was so handsome. Just like his dad. Oh, I left this part out. Once my mom found out that I was pregnant, her being a church woman, she disowned me and sent me away. She didn't want the embarrassment," Emily sniffles. "The guy that I was seeing welcomed me but when he found out that I was pregnant, he started beating me up. But I couldn't ran. I had nowhere to go. I delivered my baby boy, and gave him away. But no matter how much I had suffered, my conscience couldn't let me sleep well at night. And I went back for my son!"

Emily wipes the tears on her face and stands. " To cut the long story short, Adrian left me to take care of our son alone! Here he was loving another woman where as I was suffering to provide for his son! I was so bitter and angry that I wanted to end the life of my little baby's life because of that scumbag. We have been through much together. Why would I choose his dad over him?"

A lump forms on Hayley's throat as she swallows it bitterly. She had gone through a lot. No one deserved that. Not even an evil woman like her.

"Answer me you bitch!" She pulls Hayley's hair.

"Yes! Yes! You shouldn't have chosen Adrian over your son!"

"Good. I will be rotting in jail soon. I'd rather be there than see Adrian happy with someone else,"

Emily places her index finger on her chin. "You know what? I won't do you the injustice of pouring acid on you. Instead..," She picks out a shiny knife from the big dirty bag down on the floor.

"I will be happy when Adrian finds you bleeding to death!" She laughs evilly.

"Which is which? Your wrists? Your stomach? Yaaah your stomach will do! I hope I cut through the uterus! If Adrian saves you, you will be as good as barren!"

Hayley closes her eyes tightly as she sheds some tears. Maybe it's time she reunited with her parents. Emily doesn't think twice before she pushes the sharp knife on her stomach.

"Let them come find me! See you in hell dear one. Oh, I'm going to hell alone," She kisses Hayley's forehead and runs out of the room.

*

"Leo, how is the operation?" Adrian asks Leo as he steps out of his car.

"Not fruitful,"

He runs his hand through his hair.

"We should try harder! Emily might do something to her! She won't even think twice!"

"C'mon bro. She will be okay. We will save her," leo assures him.

The Audi joins in as Louis steps out of the car.

"Boss! You have to save her," Louis sputters. "She will bleed to death!"

"What! You were the one who brought her to Emily!" Adrian grabs his shirt and knocks him on the ground.

"She threatened me boss! You don't have much time. She will die if you..,"

"Where is she!" Adrian growls.

Louis speaks as she spits blood from his mouth.

"Leo! Let's go!"

"I will drive!"

"What if we are too late Leo!"

"Calm down and relax,"

Leo drives the car furiously and stops at the address. Adrian hurries inside the abandoned building.

Hayley's head is bended and a lot of blood is on the floor.

Adrian runs to her and unties the ropes.

She opens her slightly and looks at him and smiles.

"Adrian..you came,"

"Baby! You will be okay. I'm so sorry about everything!" Adrian picks her up in his arms.

"I will not make it," She replies weakly.

"You are strong okay! You have to fight! For me! For your siblings! We can not lose you!"

Tears are streaming down her face.
"Take care of them for me,"

"Don't say that!" Adrian sniffles. "I can't lose you!" He chokes on his tears.

Leo opens the car for him.

"Drive faster Leo!"

"I can feel it! My life..," She coughs. "Is going away,"

Adrian hugs her tightly.

"I can't live without you,"

"You...you will. You will find..love again,"

"I can't..I love you. I will love you forever,"

"I love you..so much," Hayley mumbles and closes her eyes.

"Baby!" Adrian shakes her. "No! No! No! Please don't..,"

She lays there lifelessly as Leo drives inside the hospital.

The nurses rush to the car and places her on the wheels.

She is taken directly to the ICU.

Ten minutes later a nurse rushes to Adrian and Leo. "She has lost a lot of blood! If she is not transfused in the next one hour, we will lose her. We don't have enough blood that matches her type in our bank,"

"Which blood group is it?"

"It's the rarest to find. AB negative,"

Adrian doesn't wait.

"Where are you going?" Leo shouts.

" To find a donor idiot!"

" I know of one! Your sister! She has the same blood type as her!"

"How did you know?"

"Well..we were at the hospital because she thought that she was pregnant, but she wasn't. They test blood groups in the process,"

" Go pick her up leo!"

"You aren't mad that I almost got her pregnant?"

"That is the least of my concern right now! Just go pick Alex up!"

Leo nodes his head and mumbles to himself"What did love do to him,"

One week later

Everyone is dressed in black as they head for the burial. The priest conducts the ceremony shortly.

"I promise you I won't rest untill Emily Pays  for your death!" Adrian places a flower on the casket.

Alex squeezes his shoulders behind him. "We will miss her so much," She sobs as Adrian engulfs her in a tight hug.

The picture of the beautiful woman is removed from the casket as they watches it get buried in the soil.

"Till we meet again," Adrian whispers as he throws the last amount of soil.