10

A troubled look held Hayley's face as she sat on that car. The deal had been made and now all they had to do was take her to Andrew's. The drive had been short as the car came to a halt. She had hoped it had been longer. Why had Adrian come to this decision.  But what had she expected  anyway. She was nothing to him. He needed his girls back. At some point she understood his decision.

They were now in a place that seemed secluded. Adrian, Leonardo and two of his other men she had never seen before were talking of what she could not hear. She was lost in her own thoughts. Maybe this would not be a bad idea at all. Her Andrew would protect her. 𝑚𝑎𝑦𝑏𝑒!

"Sir! There they are!" One of Adrian's men shouted.

There was a van at a distance heading towards their direction at full speed.

"I have a plan!" Adrian said.

Everyone looked at him with questioning looks.

"What do you mean?" Leo asked.

"We get the girls and Hayley too. We are not letting Andrew take her with him!"

"What! Adrian! That was not part of the deal!" Leo replied angrily.

"Yes! Everything has just changed Leonardo! I'm the boss here! I can change my mind anytime! Reyes, Russell, Louis," Adrian called to his other three men. "Be ready! This is not going to be easy but we have to win it!"

"Yes boss!" They all said in unison.

What had made him change his mind! She thought to herself. The speedy van removed her from her thoughts.

"Adrian Grey! Nice to see you," Andrew chuckled suppressing a fake smile.. "I can see you have the girl! I thought you were going to defy my orders!" He said patting Adrian's  shoulders.

"Andrew Carrington! Long time no see buddy. How have you been?"

"Well! As you can see! I am as good as ever! Just a little mad but after this everything will be back to normal," He shrugged.

"Hmm. Let us cut the bullshit. Where are my girls. As you can see, I have your girl. I want to see my girls too. They better be unhurt!" Adrian said clutching his gun.

"C'mon Adrian! Lucas! bring them out!" He called to his side man. There were other four of them standing by the van. The girls were brought out  their hands tied with ropes.

Hayley stood there waiting for what would happen next.

"Bring them forward! Russell get Hayley. Do the exchange!" Adrian ordered.

"Lucas get her and give them the girls!" Andrew said.

The both men did as they were told. Hayley's heart was beating so fast that she couldn't hold herself.

"I think we are done here Adrian," Andrew said once the exchange was done.

"Sure," Adrian replied. With two fingers he did a sign to his men and they started shooting.

"You fucker!" Andrew shouted getting behind the van with his gun on his hand grabbing Hayley.

"Boss! Two of his men down! Three remaining!" Louis shouted.

"Where is the girl? Is she okay?" Adrian asked.

"Andrew has her! One of them is wounded!" Louis replied. "I can not tell who,"

Hayley sat there on the ground with a bleeding Andrew her eyes closed listening as the sounds of guns echoed in the air . She was glad she wasn't hurt. Yet. He was still cursing pressing the wound on his leg. She wasn't sure if she would get out of his grip. All of a sudden it was silent. The sounds of the guns had ceased. What had happened? She hoped Adrian and everyone else were okay. She could hear some footsteps coming towards them.

"Surrender Andrew!" Adrian said emerging from behind.

"You are not going anywhere with this bitch!" Andrew growled pointing his gun at Hayley.

Her stomach lurched. Was this the end of her?

"Do not make this tough Andrew!" Adrian said. "Give us the girl and you live," He added.

"You will pay for this Adrian!" He groaned in pain letting go of Hayley.

Without waisting any minute she rushed to Adrian's side.

"I will come for you little girl!"

"You will not come anywhere near her again!" Adrian said pointing his gun at Andrew.

"Hayley! Go! You do not want to see what happens next! "

Was he going to shoot him? Oh No! Her Andrew would hate her for this. She might have rejected him but she still loved him so much. This was his cousin. His own flesh and blood. She wouldn't allow this. He would blame her and she wouldn't forgive herself.

"No! Do not shoot! Please," She begged.

"I said go!" Adrian snapped his eyes growing with anger.

She had never seen him that angry. She had no choice left. Following his orders, she left the scene as a loud gunshot followed her behind as tears run down her face.

****
𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐍𝐄𝐖𝐒

𝐀𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐰 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝. 𝐈𝐭 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐲 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧. 𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐞𝐧, 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝....𝐅𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐢𝐬..

Switching off the tv, the person shouted in anger.
"NO! NO! NO! This can not be happening! There has to be a mistake! Whoever did this to him! They will pay for this. Every last bit of them!"