14

The beautiful weather was provoking to take a stroll at the garden. Hayley thought as she walked gingerly  looking at it's mesmerizing beauty. Who would have thought that Adrian Grey was fond of flowers. If she wasn't wrong, she could identify every type of flower in the garden. She knew them since her mother had been a florist for seven years. She had left her siblings taking some quick lunch because they had an Afternoon class to take. The tutor was so friendly and she liked her a lot. Only that she noticed when Adrian was around she would throw him one or two  quick glances and he would stare back  at her. It left her wondering if at all they had any history together. And if not, who wouldn't stare at that sexy arrogant beast anyways!

It had been four days since their encounter at his room. Sipping on her cold coke, she recalled how she had stayed at his bathroom close to ten minutes only to find him dead asleep. She wasn't sure how she felt about it. He had fallen asleep on her after their almost sexual encounter! Would he even remember  about it? But a part of her was somehow glad. But she still felt a certain shiver in her body when she thought about it.

The following day, they had collided with Adrian and he had spoken as if nothing had happened. He could not remember anything. He had been drunk after all. Pushing everything behind, she picked up her cellphone from her pocket which had been repaired finally thanks to Russell who had taken it to get fixed the previous day. Going through her music list, she pressed on her favourite jam when suddenly a text message popped on her broken screen.

' I am coming for you angel, be ready '

The text message made her Flinch. Only one person called her Angel. She had to inform Adrian about it. Luckily, he was home that day. Rushing inside the house, she bumped into Maria.

"Nanny, where is Adrian? I need to talk to him,"

"He is in the basement dear. But don't go...,"

Before nanny could finish her sentence, she had already disappeared. She knew what nanny wanted to say but this was serious. No one was allowed inside the basement apart from Adrian and his men. Opening the big metallic door, she heard a husky angry voice and halted her steps. Suddenly a male voice screamed at the top of his voice.

"You do know what you did can not go unpunished! Right Marcus?" She heard Adrian voice say in an angry tone. She peeped through the half opened door only to see a man sprawled on the ground crying in agony. She could see blood all over his face.

Beside Adrian was who she recognized as Leo, his second in command and two other more men. She had never seen this side of him. The man she saw in front of her was a cold, ruthless human with a hard heart. How could he beat up that man in such a manner. Picking up her steps, she had to retreat and go find solace somewhere else not untill the door made a click. She was bursted. She could not run away even if she wanted to. Suddenly a hard arm grabbed hers and made way through the door.

"Sir, look what I found!" Leo said smiling at her with his cold big blue eyes. She knew that was not a nice smile . She was in big trouble.

Turning his eyes from his culprit, he met hers.

"Miss Archer! What are you doing down here?"

Regaining her composure, she replied her hand still on Leo's hold. "I wanted to talk to you,"

"And it could not wait? Don't you know it is a big offense to be down here?"

"Let me punish this bitch Adrian! She has got the nerves!" Leo said holding her hand tighter making her groan in pain.

Drumming his hands on a desk nearby, Adrian growled in anger "Let go of her leonardo! I will teach her a lesson myself. You two!" He said to his other men. " Take Marcus out of here! And you Leonardo, you have my mother and sister to pick up! They are coming over for dinner. Leave the girl to me!"