4

Hayley stood there in front of him her eyes closed waiting for him to end it once and for all tears flowing down her face.

"Are you sure about your decision?" Adrian asked her again unsure of what he had just asked. He never gave anyone a second chance. It wasn't the first time a mere girl had refused to work for him and he had never hesitated to shove a bullet. But with this girl, it was different. He couldn't bring himself to shoot her. She was making him weak something he wasn't liking. He couldn't comprehend himself. He was the fucking boss and he never showed any sign of weakness. He was an example to his men. He had to shoot her and end it there and have his men dump her body.

"Okay, so you won't change your mind. It won't be that painful. You will be dead even before you know it," He said pulling the trigger of his shotgun ready to shoot her.

"Wait! Stop! I'll do it. I'll work for you! Don't shoot," She said abruptly her legs and hands shaking.

"Wise decision!" Adrian said walking back to his desk. "Lincoln come pick her now! She is ready," He said on the phone.

He looked back at Hayley who was standing in front of his desk with her head down. She looked frightened in her vulnerable state. He was glad she had changed her mind. Glad! Whatever games his mind was playing with him right now he would ignore it for the time being and deal with it later. He walked towards her and stood in front of her bringing her head up to face him but she resisted.

"Sir," She mumbled.

Touching her hair he slowly moved strands of hair that were blocking her face. She flinched.

"Look at me," He whispered in her ears.

She slowly brought her face up to face him. She didn't want anymore trouble so she just obeyed. He had a gun after all. He was so close that she could feel his breath against her face.

What is he doing.

Her eyes suddenly met his. He wasn't the cold man he had been seconds ago. She noticed his eyes that were filled with so much confused emotions. They were the colour of hot cocoa, sprinkled with tiny flecks of gold like mini marshmallows that were now pierced into hers. For a moment she forgot about how frightened she had been of him a while ago.

He cupped her face gingerly and held her still looking deep into her deep unique eyes. They were a mixture of an emerald green and clover. They were alluring.

His eyes lingered on her face. It wasn't anything extraordinary or significant and yet, he felt somehow magically drawn to those silent features. She reminded him more of Emily.

She will remind me of Emily every time I see her. I have to stay away from her. He thought.

Dropping his hands from her face, he took a step back. The situation was now awkward.

Luckily there was a knock at the door.

"Boss, can I take her now," Lincoln said removing them from their awkward situation.

"Yes! I want you to accompany her instead to Andrew's!" The name Andrew gave her shivers. "Make sure she doesn't run away or anything! And she has to do this perfectly!" Adrian said.

"Okay boss," Lincoln replied.

"And you! Be a good girl!" He said.

Of course, he was back to his old self. Hayley thought. He could never be anything close to good.

Solemnly, She replied, "Of course Sir,"

"Good! You can now leave," He said.

"No! Wait! Lincoln she can not go looking like that! Have Maya apply her some makeup! Those eyes are puffy! Plus she has to look attractive!" He added.