19

"Hayley! What happened to our sister!" Hayley heard her brother call as Russell carried her to her room. Luckily he had managed to defend himself from the big guy.

She could hear everything but her strength had left her completely. After fainting at Andrew's, she had regained her consciousness at the fast moving car taking her to the hospital. The pain of the bullet still stang her foot. Adrian had requested them to take her to the hospital immediately as Russell had told her.

"I will be okay sweetheart," She mumbled consoling her little brother who had followed them to her room as Russell left.She was still unaware of how she had gotten shot. It had happened all of a sudden. Andrew! Was he shot? How did they manage to get out of his place!

"Where is Anna?" Hayley asked her brother.

"Auntie Alex is playing with her outside," Nick replied.

"Why didn't you go?"

"Because I would be the only boy!"

"How about we go play together us men," A familiar voice replied. "I'm sorry I came in. The door was slightly open," Adrian added.

Hayley nodded.

"For real?" Nick asked happily.

"Of course champ! Once I'm done with your sister, I will come down play with you! Are you a fan of soccer?"

"It's his favourite sport actually," Hayley chipped in.

"Well, go down and get prepared! I will be down in a few," Adrian said.

Happily, Nick left the room jumping up and down.

"How are you?" Adrian asked her a little smile on his face.

"I'm okay. Just a little bit pain,"

"I'm sorry I wasn't there to save you,"

Getting rid of the lump on her throat, she replied, "It's okay! It's not your obligation anyway,"

She still felt bad that he wasn't there. He had sent his men instead. But what was she to him anyway! She was just an employee.

"What! I..uh..I wanted to come. But as you know my Mum and sister are here and they are leaving tonight," Adrian replied.

"It's okay. Of course Family comes first,"

"Are we on the same page?"

"What do you mean? If I were you I would have done the same,"

They were silent for a moment before Adrian spoke up. "Andrew escaped. I wanted them to bring him to me because he is still a threat to you. I'm sure he will try to get you again,"

"Why!"

"Why what?"

"Why do you want to protect me!" Hayley asked unsure of why she had asked the question.

"Do you want to go back to him? Do you want your siblings to live under a roof with such a man who would go to an extent of kidnapping you?I would do it because I care. Okay?"

"Why should you care! You don't know us well! We aren't family to you!  We..,"

Putting a finger on her lips, He shushed her. "Stop bantering. Just get some rest. When you get enough strength, I will allow you to say whatever you want to. But for now, you aren't in a position," Adrian said smiling at her.

"Okay," She mumbled.

"If you need anything, just dial my number. Where is your phone? I will write it down for you,"