24

"Uh..It's nothing sir. Its just that, there is one house help who has been stealing Nina's things. We just felt like Madam Cassie needs to know," Hayley said.

Chris sighed. "Oh Okay,"

Then he took some water from the fridge and left.

"That was close," Nina said.

"I know. I better go back to my room. My heart is still pounding. Will see you tomorrow," Hayley said and left.

*

"He is so cute!" Hayley said as Cassie handed her the baby.

It had been a week since their discharge.

"Uh..there is something you need to know," Cassie said.

Her heart skipped a beat. Her voice sounded serious.

"What is it?"

Cassie scratched her head, "Uh..Adrian is coming over,"

"What? Uh..I mean that is not a big deal," Hayley said. " Well, this is your house and he can come if he pleases,"

Cassie laughed. " Someone is nervous,"

"What! No! I'm not nervous. I need to go to the bathroom," Hayley said handing the baby over to Cassie.

"You can cook him his favourite dish! He might be staying over for dinner," Cassie called out.

Favourite dish! She realized she did not know what his favourite dish was! But what was the point. They were not together or anything. But Cassie was right. She was nervous. How would she react upon seeing him again!

It was a while! He might have gotten about her presence already. He was a busy man. She was sure he had forgotten about her the moment he left her in Cassie's home.

Giving her a face a little slap, she heard the doorbell. Was it him! It better be not.

"Hayley! Can you please get the door," She heard Mercy, one of the house helps call.

Damn it!

Trailing down the stairs, she walked to the door.

Of course it had to be him. There he stood in all his handsomeness some flowers on his hand.

They gazed at one another for a few seconds.

Adrian cleared his throat. "Uh.. Hi..Um..This are Cassie's," Adrian said handing over the flowers to her.

"Oh, yeah..I will give them to her," Hayley said taking the flowers from him.

"Aren't you going to welcome me in? Adrian asked in a low tone a small smile on his face.

"Oh, of course. You can come in," Hayley said.

"I will let madam Cassie know you're here," Hayley added.

"Sure," Adrian replied."wait!" Adrian called.

Hayley turned to face him. "Huh..what?"

He ran his hands through his hair and let out a sigh. " There's something we need to talk about,"

"What? About what?"

" Can we go talk somewhere private?"

" Of course. We can go talk in my room," Hayley said.

"Adrian!" Cassie called.

"Cassie. Hey," Adrian greeted giving her a peck on her cheeks. "How is the baby?"

"Oh..The baby is fine. Were you guys going anywhere?" Cassie asked.

" Actually that can wait. Where is Chris anyways?"