EPILOGUE

Five years later.

(I want to do this epilogue in Hayley's point of view)

I can't believe that five years have already passed since I got married to the love of my life. It hasn't been all cheesy and biscuits. Marriage has it's ups and downs too. But the best part is, our love have grown stronger each an everyday. I can not thank Adrian enough for being so supportive of me. For the first two years after we got married, we went for some advice to the best gynaecologist in the country. I insisted though. Adrian wasn't in for the idea. He was okay with the fact that I couldn't carry a child. But I wanted to really get any sort of treatment concerning my damaged uterus.

I didn't care what it took to get healed. But nothing happened. So we gave up and decided maybe it was for the best and God's plan too.

After three years of marriage, we decided Nate needed a sibling. We adopted a three years old from our foster home. She just stroke our hearts the moment we laid our eyes on her. Eliana. Our Blessed gift.

"Love. Have you seen my favourite black shoes," Adrian calls from our bedroom. I'm currently in the kitchen making breakfast.

"I'm coming love," I shout. I lower the gas a bit and hurry up to get him his shoes. Adrian has a weakness in finding his things. He literally never sees them.

His shoes are in his shoe rack but he just couldn't find them.

"I'm sorry love. I swear I looked but..,"

I cut him off with a kiss on his addictive lips. "Get down for breakfast. We don't wanna get late for work,"

"Why are you making breakfast. We have a chef for Christ's sake,"

I frown, "You don't remember what day it is?"

"What day is it?" He takes out his phone and gasps. " It's our fifth anniversary!"

"And for the first time I'm the one reminding you about our anniversary!"

"I know right? You're always the forgetful one! Eiish I can't believe my woman is beating me up to important dates this days!"

I poke his nose playfully, "Blame your workaholic ass of late!"

"You know what?" He pulls me closer to him. "Today is a special day! You and I will have a day off from work," He kisses my nose. "We might be the managers of our companies but I will call in and inform them to cancel all meetings,"

"Hmm. I like the sound of that,"

"Don't you love me so much?"

"More than you could ever imagine,"

He leans in and plants featherly kisses on my lips squeezing my butt. I'm already hot and wet for him. Five years and I'm still addicted to his touch.

He lays me down on our bed and continues to tease me with the featherly kisses.

I grasp on his red tie and deepen the kiss. Adrian pulls away and smirks at me.

"We have a great day ahead of us. This should be reserved for later,"

I growl and roll my eyes at him.

Just then Eliana calls. "Mummy. Something is burning!"

I forgot the damn breakfast!

Where were those damn employee's!

You sent them to their quarters to get some privacy with your husband! My inner thoughts barks at me.

"You amuse me," Adrian laughs as I hurriedly leave the bedroom.

*

The children are busy playing while Adrian, Leo, Alex and I are enjoying our lunch.

"How is pregnancy taking you?" I ask Alex as I stuff the juicy stake on my mouth.

She is almost due. Her and Leo got married last year after three years of engagement. Leo had been patient to wait until Alex had finished her studies. And now they're expecting their first born.

"I can't wait for this little boy to get out already! I'm so so tired!"

Leo kisses her forehead. "You're almost there my queen,"

I had insisted on inviting them over for lunch. We all enjoy the delicious meal laughing over silly jokes and memories.

"Oh, I have an anniversary gift for you," Adrian takes out a wrapped box from a bag besides him.

"What's this? Don't you think you've spoiled me enough?"

"There is no enough when it comes to you,"

I smile at him as I take the box from his hands.

I unwrap it and my eyes set on a beautiful gold necklace.

I gasp, "This is the necklace that I have been wantinb! Where did you get it!"

"I have my ways," He smirks at me.

"Aww that is so cute," Alex awes.

I turn my back to him as he puts on the necklace on me.

I kiss his lips, "Thank you love,"

Leo and Alex leave hours later.

"I have a present for you," I tell Adrian as we both get inside the duvet.

"Oh, I thought you never got me anything!" He jokes.

It's our usual time to retire to bed.

I take out the wrapped box from my closet and set it before him.

"What is this?"

"Open it!"

He slowly opens the box and reveals something he had not expected.

"Whaaa..t! For real! Is this a prank?" Adrian chokes on his words.

"Why would I prank you with something like that?"

His eyes are still glued on me unmoving.

I can see a single tear on his left eye.

He scoops me up and twirls me around.

"You're  pregnant!"

I blink away the happy tears. "Yes baby! We're going to have a baby soon!"

"How! How did it happen!"

"After we were convinced that nothing could be done, I still never gave up! I went online. Searched up everything! Untill I met this doctor on a platform. Remember the days I used to tell you I'm going over at Cassie's? It was at the doctor's. I had to lie because if it failed, I would be on it alone . I continued with the visits and now this..two weeks ago I started feeling nauseated, mood swings, you remember?" Adrian nods his head. "I knew you wouldn't suspect anything. But I just had hopes. I bought a test kit and here it is. It turned positive! I wanted to be sure so I went back to the doctor! And he confirmed it! We're going to have a baby Love! Finally!"

His eyes are already welling with tears. "I can't believe this. I love you so so much. We're going to have a mini you!"

I wipe the tears on his eyes softly. "No it will be a mini you,"

We embrace tightly savouring the best moment in our lives.

***

It's a wrap.

Check out my ongoing book.. (The Deception)

❤️