22

Adrian Grey pushed the door to his room with a loud bang! He was furious. He was angry at her. His blood was boiling. The rage he felt inside was mounting. The only girl that had made his heart heal after a very long time was not the one after all. He had made himself believe that she had been the one he had been waiting for. He had been sure that she had been the one. The way she made his heart leap, the way she calmed down his devils. But why! Had she been sent from hell to destroy him!

Grabbing a vase near him, he smashed it on the ground. She could never see him as a serious man. She had made herself believe that he was just a womanizer. Had bringing Elsie been a big mistake. He had only hired her to come and pretend! Yes, he knew her. But he had just taken her from from his club to make Hayley jealous.

Why had she changed all of a sudden. At first he had been sure that she liked him. The way she reacted when she saw him in her room all those nights he had gone there. But after her healing, she changed. Had she just taken advantage of him? He was angry and furious! Not in his life had he allowed a woman to take advantage of him!

She would not stay at his house anymore! She had to leave! He could not bear seeing her face anymore. He hated to admit it! But he loved her. He had fallen in love with her. The few months she had been in his life had been the best. Her innocent face, her smile. Her small figure. Her perfect features. Everything was now trashed.

Suddenly, there was a knock at his door.

"I'm busy!" Adrian shouted.

"Adrian," Hayley walked through the unlocked door.

He scoffed, "What do you want miss Archer?"

Walking towards him, she stopped a couple metres away, "Can we talk,"

"There is nothing to talk about! Can you please leave,"

"Adrian...,"

"Sir...Okay? I'm your boss and you don't call me by my name. So miss Archer if you do not mind, I think you have some bags to pack!"

"Ad..uh..Sir..about that. Can we talk about it. I don't want to go work somewhere else. I want to stay here. Adri...Sir..please," Hayley begged.

"I have already made up my mind Miss Archer. Leave my room," He said opening the door for her.

"Adri..,"

"I said, leave!" He shouted at her.

Walking out of the door with tears on her face, Adrian shut the door with a loud bang.

***

The drive was silent. She wasn't sure where he was taking her. He was mad at her. She couldn't change his mind. His words still echoed in her mind. 'I don't go looking for women miss Archer! They come to me! And when I do! I sure have taken a liking to the person!'

But she couldn't undo anything. She remembered her mother's words. 'Everything happens for a reason.' Maybe it was for the best them staying away from each other.

She watched Anna and Nick who were busy bickering. They had been through a lot. And now here they were going to another residence. She remembered her aunt who had offered to stay with them but she had not accepted her offer. Because she had not wanted to stay away from them. But now would be the best time to take them to her. It would be easier that way. She had denied them a better life at their aunt's. There, they would play with their cousins and be happy. She would explain to them later.

"We're here," Adrian said driving into another mansion which was as big as his. "Can I talk to you outside the car. The kids can stay inside,"

The beautiful mansion was located in a serene place. She wondered whom it belonged to.