CHAPTER 1✔

~She wants to go home

                     But nobody's home.

                     It's where she lies.

                          Broken inside~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FLASHBACK 1 :--

"What the hell are you doing here? This ain't a place for homeless. Get the hell out of here." The angry store guy said as he pushed me out of the store. I stumbled and fell to the ground. As soon as the guy walked back in the store, I sneaked back in the store and went to the washroom. I turned on the tap water and put my head under the running water. I washed my hair and brushed my teeth with a very old mouldy from the bottom teeth brush. I opened the washroom door a crack and looked outside to see if the coast was clear. I ran up to the snacks aisle and grabbed a couple of chips and drinks. And ran out the door. Thankfully the guy didn't know. Stealing food became a part of my routine ever since I became homeless. At least my brother is getting all the treatment he can get.

What have I become? A thief. I feel so ashamed of myself. But If I need to survive I have to do it. I picked up my guitar and went to the main street here in New York. I started playing different songs. Sometimes I would get money. Sometimes I wouldn't. People would stop to listen and enjoy. I had a good voice. But now becoming a singer became my need. I had to pursue my dream so that I can get enough money to help my brother and myself. I could never let my brother go to another house. I will always keep him with me. And I will work hard for him. And I will do whatever I need to do to keep him with me.

FLASHBACK 2 :--

"So you're the new singer huh?" A really cute guy said. "Uhm yeah." I said weary of the guy. I mean he is cute but you know what they say. Nightmare dressed like a Daydream. I then realized that I had to introduce myself.

"Where are my manners? Hi I'm Lucy Hale. And you are?" I said extending my hand out for him to shake. "Landon Langford." He said,smiling as he shook my hand. A bolt of electricity shot up in my arm and I quickly pulled my hand out of his hold.

What the hell was that!!?

"Sooo why do you sing?" He asked, trying to break the awkward silence. "What do you mean by that?" I said. "Oh you know everyone sings for a reason. At least I do. You don't sing just because you have a good voice. Sometimes it's for other reasons. So what is your reason?" He said.

"You sing too? How come I've never heard you sing?" I asked shocked. "Oh no I don't sing. I write lyrics for other singers. I can sing but you know I just don't want that career." He said, a solemn look on his face. He seemed distant. Like the topic of becoming a singer bothered him.

"You didn't answer my question." He said, a lopsided smile on his lips.

I hesitated. Should I tell him why I sing? He may think I'm stupid. Could I trust him? I couldn't stop the words that came from my mouth.

"I sing because I love to and also I'm trying to build a career so that I can help build a life for me and my little brother who lives in a foster home." I said. He didn't say anything. Yup he does think I'm stupid.

"I'm so sorry Lucy. I didn't know. Why is your brother in a foster home? Where are your parents." He said, his face had a concerned look on it.

The question about family left me speechless. I never liked talking about my family. Or lack thereof. My mother died after my brother was born. My father married another woman who had a daughter of my age. When my father commited suicide because of depression. My stepmother wanted nothing to do with me and my brother. At that time I was trying to pursue my career in music. My step sister ran away from the house leaving me and my brother on my own. I took my brother and left that house. I took my brother to a foster home and asked them to keep him there until I have enough money to build a life for ourselves. I was homeless for a few months until Ryan, a great music producer took me in and helped me build a career in music.

I wasn't sure if I could tell him all this so I opted for the only answer I had for this question. "Long story." I said. I could tell he knew he has pushed too far. So he apologized for it.

"I'll see you around, Landon." I said. "Yeah me too." He said.

FLASHBACK 3 :--

"Hi babe." I heard Landon's voice on the phone. A smile involuntarily formed on my face. "Hi Langford." I said breathlessly. "What are you doing, love?" He asked in that husky voice of his. "Nothing. Just waiting for you. How long until you come back?" I asked. "Just a few more hours. Then I'll be with you and we will be on that plane to Maldives." He said. I grinned.

Me and Landon have been dating for about half a year now. And we fell for each other so hard. I've never loved a person with my whole fiber and being. I love him so much. In celebration of our anniversary, he is taking me to Maldives. A place I always wanted to go. I said to him a million times to not waste money like this but the guy never takes no as an answer.

"I can't wait!!" I said squealing like a little girl. I heard him chuckle on the phone. "I love you." He said. "I love you too." I said. Just simple words but they always manage to take my breath away.

5 hours passed and he didn't call or text me. He texts me every hour. So it is strange. By now he should be in New York. I waited anxiously waiting for him to call. I kept calling him but he never picked up. A few minutes later my phone rang. It was Landon.

"What the hell Landon!! Are you okay? I was so worried. You didn't call or text where are you?" I kept rambling.

"Lucy." He said. I could hear loud noises from the background. "Landon where are you?" I said.

"Lucy remember how I told you that we will travel the whole world? We will go to every place you want to go. I want you to promise me that you will go with me." He said.

"Landon what do you mean? Of course I will go anywhere with you. Why are asking me to promise? " I said.

"Hey Lucy?" He said.

"Yes Landon!' I said.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too Landon." I said.

The noises became so loud that I didn't hear what Landon said next. Then I realized that the noises were police sirens.

"Landon? Landon!! Where are you? Are you okay? I kept saying it into the phone. The sirens suddenly stopped. And the next words I heard made my world crumble into pieces.

"The patient's heart has stopped beating. He is dead." I heard a person say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And that's the 1st chapter. Your thoughts? Don't forget to vote and share this story.

Question of the day!!

Which Avril Lavigne song is your fav??

Mine is Complicated. Sk8er Boi and a lot others.

Leave your answers in the comments ❤

Until next time.

M.K💖