CHAPTER 10✔

~As good as you make me feel.
I wanna make you feel better.

Better than your fairytales.
Better than your best dreams~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After our karaoke session Ryder drove around the town for a bit. We stopped for ice cream. I sat on the hood of the car with Ryder while gazing at the stars.

"It's a beautiful night." I stated, eating my ice cream. "Yeah. I don't know what it is about those little stars but they are just so calming." He said. "I know." I said, smiling softly.

"I had a really great time today. Thank you Ryder." I said, honestly. "It's nothing. They're many more dates to come." He said, smirking. "So it was a date?" I said, raising my brow.

"Why do you want it to be?" He said. "Don't twist my words. You said it first." I said, pointing my spoon of ice cream at him. "I'm just asking a question. I mean I'm pretty good at persuading y'know?" He said, grinning.

"What? You're gonna persuade me to go on a date with you?" I said. "You just went out with me, Rose." He said, winking. "Yeah but it was a friendly hangout." I said, shrugging. "It was to you. It wasn't to me." He said smiling.

"Next time I will definitely turn down any offer of hangout with you." I said. He placed his hand on his heart, a hurt expression on his face.

"Erickson. Please don't leave me." He said, dramatically. "I will if you keep this up." I said, motioning to his dramatic stance.

"I'm just a girl. Standing in front of a boy. Asking him to love her." He said, shedding fake tears. I looked at him blankly. He continued anyways.

"If you're a bird than I'm a bird." He said, spreading his arms out and wiggling his hand as if he was flying.
That did it for me. I burst out laughing. My belly started aching from so much laughter. "What the hell is wrong with you?" I said, wheezing. "Just wanted to make you laugh." He said, chuckling. My heart fluttered at that. I mean how can he say these things? He doesn't even know what kind of effect it has one me.

As soon as we finished our ice cream he jumped down from the hood of the car and held out his hand. "Shall we?" He said. Instead of holding his head I jumped down from the hood of the car and left his hand hanging in the air. The expression on his face was priceless. He awkwardly shoved his hand back into his pocket.

He drove me home. He opened the passenger door for me and I got out. He walked me to my front door.

"I had great time." He said, smiling softly. His eyes flashed with an emotion I couldn't decipher. "So did I." I said, making no move to open the front door. Part of me didn't want this night to end.

"Is this the part where we should kiss? If I kiss you right now how hard would you slap me?" He said, smirking. I was pretty sure I looked like a tomato. "Very hard." I said, grinning.

He stepped closer to me and leaned in. My heart was beating wildly at this point. His lips made contact with my cheek. I stilled and tried to slow down my breathing. I was shivering and I'm pretty sure it wasn't because of the cold breeze. His lips stayed on my cheek for a lot longer than they should've been but I wasn't complaining. He shifted his head a little so that his lips were now on my ears. His facial hair tickled my cheek. He spoke in a whisper.

"Goodnight, Rose." He said in my ear causing me to close my eyes. He leaned back and smiled at me. He slowly walked down the front porch. As soon as he got in his car, he rolled down his window and waved at me. Then in a flash he was gone. I opened the door to my house in a daze.