CHAPTER 3✔

~It's like amen from the
                          Back of the choir.

                   Sweet home of freedom
                      Underneath the tires.

                    Kicked back sitting by
                       Cracklin fire.

                    Strummin them guitar
                                Strings~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bell rung signaling the end of class. LUNCH. FINALLY. I quickly shoved my books in my bag and headed to the other side of the building. This side of the building was abandoned. I sat down on the stairs of the lonely building and pulled my lunch out of my bag.

Now I know what you're thinking. What the hell is she doing at Lunch time in this abandoned building? Well the thing is, that Luke Langford, the "King" of this school, had forbidden me to ever step into the cafeteria. Pathetic. Yeah I know. I actually don't mind sitting alone, eating in peace. It's actually way better than those idiotic teens who have nothing to do but poke their noses in other's business.

My phone dinged. I opened it to see a message from Crystal. She sat with her cheerleading squad at the cafeteria. She invited me multiple times to sit with them. But I wanna save myself from daily dose of humiliation.

Crystal : Hey sis? Where are you? A very hot looking guy just stepped into cafeteria. Looks like he's new. You're missing out.

I rolled my eyes. Crystal and her constant thirst for hot guys.

Me : Not interested.

I clicked send and switched off my phone. Knowing Crystal, she would probably try to contact me multiple times. I sat there eating in peace until I heard footsteps coming my way. No one comes here. So who the hell is it? I held my breath, thinking it's probably a murderer.

Okay that was stupid Hailee. It's a school not an alleway. My brain said.

Hey you don't know anyone at school. It's better to be careful. I sat there frozen until a guy came to the side of the stairs and stopped walking. He stared at me. I never have seen this guy around here. Maybe he's the new one Crystal has been babbling about.

"Umm... I do believe it's lunch time. And you being here at lunch time makes me think that you're a druggie, no offense." He said, his eyes shining with amusement.

"Well I don't know if you're blind or something, but as you can see I have sandwich in my hand which proves that I'm not a druggie, I'm just having lunch in peace." I said rolling my eyes.

He sat down beside me on the stairs. His arm brushing with mine. Yup, this guy knows nothing about personal space. I tried to discreetly create some space between us.

"So what are you doing here? Instead of being at the cafeteria." He asked. He sure does ask a lot of questions. He looked directly in my eyes. His eyes were a dark shade of brown and they were really deep. I thought about what should I tell him? Well I don't need any friends and maybe if I tell him the real reason, he'll think I'm a freak and probably leave me alone.

"Well firstly, I want peace when I eat. And you can't find peace in a cafeteria filled with idiotic gossiping teens. And secondly I'm forbidden to step foot in the cafeteria by the so called "King" of this school." I said, putting emphasis on the word King.

"Okay that's bullshit. If you want to eat the cafeteria you should eat at the cafeteria. And judging by how you talk, you're not the one to take crap from anyone so why this "King"? He asked.