CHAPTER 37✔

~You can never say never.
While we don't when.
But time and time again.
Younger now.
Than we were.
Before~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight was the prom night. I can't say that I wasn't excited. Although proms are supposed to be dumb. But being there with Ryder makes all the difference in the world.

His promposal was the sweetest. I was on cloud nine when I shouted yes on the top of my lungs. My life was normal again. All the danger I was constantly worried about was gone.

Maybe Luke decided to lay off of us. I know what you're thinking. Luke isn't the one who did all of this. But my gut tells me it is Luke. I just can't shake of the feeling.

Also Luke has been very suspicious. I once saw him loitering around Andy's grave. And also snooping around in my room. I haven't forgiven him. I never will. I'm just waiting for the right time to catch him red-handed so that I can go to the police.

I now know what all of this was about. Luke took away Andrea from me as a revenge for Landon. And that little bitch, Max's sister was in all of this with him, just so she could have Ryder.

I knew that it was them. Who else could it be? At first I thought it was Crystal. But then I realized that Crystal never had a reason to hate me. Yeah she wanted Ryder and all that, But in my heart I knew she would never do that to me.

Thinking about all of this was giving me a headache.

I went downstairs and saw Mike sitting alone in the living room, his posture slumped. I walked towards him and sat beside him.

"What's up buttercup?" I said.

"Just thinking." He replied, sadly.

"About what?" I asked, curious. In all my life, I've never seen him this sad.

"You remember when we had that big fight? You said that you wished you would've left me in the foster home? Did you mean that?" He said, his eyes glistening.

I felt so guilty in that moment. Of course I would've never wished for that. He's my BROTHER. That was just the anger talking.

I realized that due to his overprotectiveness and my constant instinct to yell at him, we've grown apart from each other. And that hurt.

"No of course not, Mike. You know I love you more than anything. That was the anger talking. There's not a day I regret having you as my brother. Cuz you're the best brother I could've asked for. And yeah sometimes, you're a pain in my ass. But all brothers are supposed to be annoying aren't they?" I said.

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a hug. I felt peaceful.

"You know that I just get so protective of you. You don't know how hard it was for me to stay in that foster home without you. I just didn't wanna lose you to some guy. I just wanted to be loved by my sister. I just wanted some comfort, that you will never forget about me." He said, wetting my shoulder with his tears.

"Mikey, you're my brother. I will never ever forget about you. Even if I try to. You keep reminding me how much of a pain you are." I said, grinning.

"And there goes the moment." He sighs dramatically.

The bell rung as we both whipped our heads towards the door.

"That'll be your little bitch." Mike said, smirking.

"Hey, only I get to call him that." I glared at him playfully.

I ran towards the door. I opened the door to see Ryder standing there, looking ravishing as ever.

"Hello, Rose." He said, kissing my cheek and stepping inside.

"Hi, Little bitch." I said, grinning.

Ryder rolled his eyes as he went towards Mike and did the bro-hug thing. They have gotten pretty close over the time Ryder spent with us. I was ecstatic to finally see Mike get along with Ryder and not feel insecure.

"Why aren't you getting ready?" Ryder said, confused expression on his face.

"I could ask the same thing." I said.

"I'm a guy, Rose. It take me 10 minutes to get ready." He deadpanned.

"Yeah well we have a few hours. I don't wanna get ready now. My makeup will ruin." I said.

"So what do we do in the spare time?" He said.

"I have a few things in mind." I said, smiling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soon it was time to get ready for prom. I wore a blue, backless dress with a plunging neckline. With it I wore sliver sandles. I wore my hair up in a stylish updo. And I had also put on some makeup. I looked good.

Ryder opened the door to my bedroom and stepped in. When I saw him, my mouth dropped. When I say he looked fine, I mean FINE. His hair was gelled but still looked a little messy. He wore a black tuxedo with a blue tie matching my dress.

I closed my mouth so that I wouldn't drool. But hot damn, I could never believe that someone like Ryder would be my boyfriend.

"Rose, I have no words. You look...." He trailed off as he walked slowly towards me.

He took my hand in his and brought it up to his mouth, kissing each knuckle. My breath hitched with every touch of his lips.

"When I say, that all eyes will be on you tonight. I mean it. And they'll be all jealous that this stunning girl, is all mine." He said, as he kissed me slowly.

I could never get used to his sweet words, that made butterflies go gaga in my stomach. Or the desire-filled looks that made my heart beat faster.

"You compliment me way to much, Ryder." I said, blushing.

"All my words are nothing but true. You don't have to worry about me lying, I will always say the truth." He said, smiling softly.

"So ready to go?" He said, holding out his arm for me to take.

"Oh yeah." I said.

"Let's make this a night you will forever remember, Rose." He said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another short chapter. This story is gonna come to end soon. I'm sooooo sad man. I mean I love these characters more than I love anyone😭😭😭😭 I'm gonna miss writing about Rose and Little Bitch❤❤.

Consider giving it a vote?

Also I don't know why I chose that song above😞. JUST LISTEN TO IT❤

I have a lot more in store for you though❤ As soon as I finish writing this, there will be more stories❤

Question of the day!!

Who do you prefer more? Ryder or Landon?

I love both of my babies❤❤

Leave your answers in the comments ❤

Until next time.

M.K 💖