CHAPTER 22✔

~I'll break a sweat. If you wanna.
Confess all your sins. You know
You got em.
The room's in a spin.
The fever's pitched.
I swear there's no doubt I'm legit.
I'm no counterfeit~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was the day of Sectionals. I was so nervous. The kids from other school would be gathered for our school's performances. We all had to do one solo song and a song with another student.

Ryder chose me to be his partner. Obviously. I dressed up a little. I was really nervous. Even though I was a singer, it still takes a lot of courage to sing in front of thousands of people.

I went downstairs to see everyone ready. Andrea came to hug me.

"Man I can't wait to see you sing. Which song you'll be going for?" Andrea said.

"You'll see." I said, smiling. Dad couldn't come to see me sing. Because he had a heart condition. And it would be very harmful for him with all the noise. Mike was once again nowhere to be found.

He must be partying again. I was kinda hurt that he wouldn't come to see me sing. I knew I was the worst sister he could ask for, but I needed my space.

I screw everything up.

I was pulled out of my thoughts. Ryder stood there looking as gorgeous as ever. How the hell could he be mine?

Andrea and Chris walked out of the living room whistling lowly. I chuckled at their antics. Ryder walked towards me in slow steps. When he stood near me, I had to look up at him, because he was veeeryyyy tall.

His hand grabbed my face and he kissed my forehead gently. I closed my eyes and place my head against his chest.

"Hello, Rose." Ryder said, his voice low.

"Ready to go?" Ryder said, pulling away.

"I was born ready."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was so not ready for this. There was a huge crowd cheering, whistling. How the hell am I gonna perform without falling off the stage?

This is bad. Really really bad. Ryder came up from behind me and put his hands on my shoulders.

"Don't be nervous. You're gonna kick ass." Ryder said, kissing my cheek. I smiled at that.

"How about something to take a little of your edge off?" Ryder said, his hands holding a flask.

"Alcohol? Seriously?" I said. I took it nevertheless and took a shot. The taste burned my mouth. Tequila. It was definitely tequila.

I gagged a couple of time. He was right. It did take some of my edge off. Soon my name was called. And everyone quieted down. The curtains opened and spotlight hit my face full force blinding me for a second.

I walked out confidently, but inside I was a nervous wreck. I had my mic in my hand, a Bluetooth headset was in my ears. The spotlight made it very hard to see the crowd which helped with my nervousness.

The music started playing.

Plug in the mic. Open the curtain.
Turn on the lights.
I'm through rehearsing.
The feeling ignites. I'm in control.
The crowd's in the palm of my hands.
All my fans stand.

Soon the crowd was wild. I could hear my heart pounding loudly. My hips were moving on their own accord. I was dancing from left to right. The feeling was indescribable.