CHAPTER 26✔

~And the tears come streaming down
Your face.
When you lose something you can't
Replace.
When you love someone but it goes
To waste.
Could it be worse?~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Christmas passed sooner than I thought. The next thing I know, the winter break is over and I have to go back to school.

What I would give just to spend a few more days at home.

I got ready for school all the while grumbling to myself. I went downstairs and sat at the stool by the counter. My posture was hunched. If mom saw me she probably would've scolded me for sitting like that.

"Hi Lee!" Andrea said, smiling to annoy me.

"You look happy. I HATE THAT!!" I snapped at her. She flipped me her middle finger and started whipping up the batter for pancakes.

"You know once I used to be in your position. God it feels so good to see you suffer just like I did." She said, chuckling.

"You're sadistic." I said, my posture dropping even further.

The bell rang. I made no move to get up and go to the door. Andrea huffed and left her batter to get the door.

"Lighten up little beastie. Lover boy's here." Andrea said, walking in with a smile.

Ryder walked in with a cup of hot chocolate in his hand. He smiled and waved at me. My mood lightened a little bit.

"Come over here and make me happy." I said, pouting and extending my arms like a little baby.

He chuckled as he came towards me and kissed me. My whole mood changed. It's been amazing with Ryder.

He's so sweet and amazing and passionate. Not to mention he's ridiculously hot. Being around him makes me feel alive. I feel like I'm drowning. Drowning in him. And I don't wanna be saved.

"Cheer up, Rose. I brought you your favourite hot chocolate." He said, kissing my forehead.

"I don't know what I would do without you." I said.

"Join us for breakfast." Andrea said, flipping a pancake.

"Aye aye captain." Ryder said, smiling as he sat down beside.

Andrea was busy flipping pancakes while Ryder was busy staring at me. He pulled me in for another kiss. He was gonna extend it but I heard a faint smacking sound as Ryder pulled away.

"Okay. Ouch." Ryder said rubbing his head. Andrea glared at us palyfully.

"My kitchen buddy. My rules." Andrea said as she went back to making pancakes, not before giving us a warning glance.

Me and Ryder both looked at each other as we both laughed softly.

Maybe it's not that bad going to school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryder drove me to school. I got out of the car. All eyes fell on us as they saw Ryder coming out of the car. Then the whispers began.

I really hated unwanted attention.

"Maybe coming here together was a bad idea." I said to Ryder as I walked away from him.

I heard him grumble something from behind me. Suddenly I was yanked back. His arms came around me as he kissed my cheek.

"Hailee? And embarrassed? Now that's something new." Ryder said, chuckling.