CHAPTER 17✔

~I like your hands around my waist.

I don't know what you whispered in
My ear but it sounded so good~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ignored Ryder all week. I didn't know why I acted the way I did. I mean he's not mine to begin with. He can go kissing anyone he wants. But still the thought left a weight on my chest.

Besides I need to stay away from him. I don't want him to end up like Landon. I don't want him to die because of me. I don't know why would someone wanna do this to me. I've never done anything wrong. Just when my life starts to become normal, a huge bomb of problems drops on me.

Ryder would be better off without me. I can't be selfish with him. I can't break him too.

It seems like everything I touch, it breaks.

Ryder has called me multiple times, demanding to talk to me. But I didn't reply so he just gave up. Part of me wished he would've tried a little harder.

On a friday afternoon, with nothing to do I picked up my phone and called Ryder. I needed to talk to him. When he didn't pick up after the 3rd ring , I thought maybe it was a bad idea.

He picked up on the 5th ring.

"Hailee I'm so fricking sorry. Whatever you saw was Crystal's scheme. She came onto me. I promise you..." A soon as he picked up, he went into a panic mode. I couldn't catch a word he was saying, because he was talking wayyyy to fast.

"You done?" I exhaled heavily. "Are you mad at me?" He asked, his voice hesitant.

"No I'm not. In fact I called you to come over cause I'm bored." I said.

"But I can't come to your house. I figured you needed you space." He said.

"Well it's my first deal. So you can't say no." I said. "Well then okay ma'am. I'll be there in 10." He said, hanging up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

True to his word, Ryder was here in exactly 10 minutes. I opened the door to see him holding up a teddy bear. I chuckled and let him inside.

He handed me the teddy bear. "For you." He said. I looked at the huge heart that the teddy held. 'For My Rose' was written on it. My heart melted at his gesture.

"So this is the first time you officially invited me to your home. I like where this relationship is going." He said.

"This isn't a relationship." I stated.
"Keep telling yourself that." He said, winking.

We went to the kitchen. I heated up some leftovers. After we were done eating , the atmosphere became awkward. We were both waiting for the other to break the silence.

The bell rang, saving us from more awkwardness. I opened the door to see Mike standing there. He came in mumbling a quick 'hi' to me as he made his way to the door. However, he stopped in the kitchen.

"Who the hell are you?" Mike yelled at him. "I should be asking the same." Ryder stated, amused.

"Mike. We can hear you perfectly. We're not deaf. Mike this is Ryder. Ryder this is Mike. My brat of a brother." I said, standing beside Ryder.

"Nice to meet you, girly." Ryder said, waving at Mike. I chuckled at his nickname.

"What the hell is he doing here? Mom and Dad aren't home. Neither is Andrea and Chris. So why did you bring a guy to your house when you're clearly alone. Mom would be furious." He said.