CHAPTER 35✔

~So I lay my head back down.
And I lift my hands and pray.
To be only yours.
I pray to be only yours~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up from a screaming headache. The aftermath of alcohol was a bitch. I shouldn't have drank that much. I got up from bed groaning. Ryder was already up.

"My Rose has finally bloomed again." He said, grinning.

"Well you still look like a bitch. Oh wait a minute you ARE a bitch." I said, trying to hold in my laughter at his face.

"God. Why did I ever accepted that nickname?" He groaned and left muttering to himself.

I shook my head and went to the bathroom to freshen up. I got out and searched my wardrobe to wear something comfortable. I looked behind me and I saw Ryder's hoodie on the couch.

I put it on and went downstairs. Mom had already made breakfast and was getting ready to leave.

"Hey mom." I said, settling down beside Mike. I ruffled his hair and he grumbled and slapped my hand away.

"Hey kids. How are you? Still hungover?" Mom said, smiling.

"Yup. Where's Ryder?" I said, suddenly noticing his absence.

"He's gone to the grocery store to get something. Your brother is lazy bum to get up and do anything." She said, glaring at him.

"But mom, Hailee finally has a boyfriend. We should atleast get something out of it. Plus he's so whipped, he would probably kiss the ground Hailee walks on. And if he wants to do everything Hailee says, then let him." He said, smirking.

I slapped him on his head. He whined and kept grumbling to himself.

"Lee, You got accepted into Juilliard and Ryder into Stanford. I'm going away on a business trip to New York. Why don't you both come with me? Check out the colleges you're gonna be in. How's that sound?" She said.

"Really? We can go?" I said. I was so shocked.

"Yeah sure. You both could use a little fresh air. If you want you can bring along Luke too." She said, smiling.

"Who are you and what have you done to my mom?" I said, and shrieked happily as I ran around the counter to hug her.

"What!?? Mom, what about me? You can't leave me here?" Mike said.

"Yeah I'm not leaving you here. You're gonna be staying at my sister's house. She really could use some company." She said to Mike.

His mouth dropped open as he kept telling Mom to bring him along while I tuned him out and skipped outside.

Ryder was just parking his car. He opened his car door and smiled at me. His eyes trailed down my body as a satisfied smirk graced his mouth.

"Well aren't you a sight for sore eyes. And you wearing my clothes makes it perfect." He said, pulling me in his arms.

"I've got news. We're going away for the weekend. Cancel all your plans." I said, litreally jumping up and down.

"My all plans revolve around you, Rose. Now where are we going?" He said.

"Pack your bags. We're going to New York baby."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryder and I settled comfortably into our seats. We were already on the plane to New York. It felt unreal. For so long, I despised the idea of going to New York given my history. But now, with Ryder I felt happy. I felt on top of the world.