CHAPTER 21✔

~They might say Hi.
And I might say Hey.
But you shouldn't worry. About what they say.
Cuz they got nothing on you
Baby~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He broke away from the kiss. For a while we just stared at each other.

He started to walk away from me. Both of his hands shoved deep in his pockets.

There was a constant war between my heart and my mind. But watching him walk away, just for once my mind and heart were both on the same page.

Both screaming at me to stop him from walking away.

"Ryder." I called out. He turned around, his eyes filling with hope.

"You know I never got to tell you my next deal that day when I passed out. I don't care if I die. But if you die, I'll die with you. How would you like to go on a date with me?" I asked, with a nervous smile on my face.

"Aren't I supposed to ask that?" He said, scratching his neck awkwardly.

"Yeah but you wasted all your deals. I still have 2 more left. And I wanna use this one. So what do you say?" I said.

"You know if there wasn't this deal thing going on, I still would've said yes." He said, smiling.

"I'll pick you up on 7:00 tomorrow." I said, turning away.

"That's supposed to be my line." He said, chuckling.

"Just because you're a guy, doesn't mean you're the only who can take me out on a date. Haven't you heard about a thing called 'Gender Equality'?" I said, smirking.

"Well I can't wait." He said, smiling as he walked away.

I should've been happy about my decision. I should've felt delighted that I didn't fear whoever was threatning us.

But then, why did it feel like everything was about to go wrong?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day came way too quickly. I was feeling happy and excited. I showered and dried my hair.

I put on a sleevless red dress that came to my mid-thigh. It clung to my body like a second skin. I did a little makeup.

I threw a black little jacket over my dress. When I was finally ready, I went downstairs.

"Who's that sexy thing I see over there?" Andrea sang, as I descended down the stairs.

"That's me." I sang back, laughing.

"Damn sis!! You look smokin hot!!" She said, coming up to me and pulling me in a tight hug.

"Careful Andy, or Chris might think you have a thing for me." I said, smirking.

"What can I say? I swing both ways." She said winking.

"Hailee, Darling you look beautiful." I turned around at Dad's voice. I walked towards him as he pulled me in a tight hug.

"She's finally moving on." Andrea said, her eyes glistening. I smiled at her.

"Now who's the young man. I believe we need a man to man talk." Dad said, squeezing his fists playfully.

"Actually he's not here." I said.

Dad's demeanor immediately changed.

"How dare he stood up my daughter!! He will end up in a dumpster, and no one will be able to prove anything." Dad said.