CHAPTER 18✔

~I woke up with a new tattoo.
Your name was on me and my name was on you.
I would do it all over again~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I DON'T WANNA DO THIS!! PLEASE DONT MAKE ME DO THIS!!" I screamed at Ryder.

Ryder kept laughing at me because currently I was having a panic attack. He entered us in that stupid music competition and now I wanted to back out. I just couldn't do this.

He said it would take my mind off of things. Yeah right!!

"Please, Rose. It's gonna be fun." He said.

"Well you could've at least given me a heads up that the auditions are this close. I didn't even get a chance to practice!!" I said, hitting his chest to prove my point.

He looked at me blankly. "You're a singer, Rose. If anyone should be practicing it should be me." He said.

"But still." I groaned.

"You will be amazing. I promise you." He said, holding my hands.

"Yeah well duh! I am a SINGER." I said. He chuckled.

"Which song should I sing?" I said, panicking again. "Any song that comes to mind." He said.

"But... but I need your help. Please help me." I said, clutching the collars of his leather jacket.

If I wasn't this close to passing out, I would've appreciated the close proximity.

"Any song that makes you smile." He said.

"Will you be there? Will you watch me sing? I need someone I know,there." I said, more like begged.

"Of course. I'll be in the front row." He said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was crazy how many people participated in it. Some of them were not even good. Maybe this whole competition was a big thing.

Soon enough it was my turn. I walked onto the stage. There were 3 students in charge of this competition. They were the judges.

I saw Ryder sitting behind them. He waved at me like a maniac. I chuckled quietly to myself. At one point I considered singing 'Smelly Cat' by Phoebe just so they would reject me. But it meant something to Ryder.

He was doing this for me. No, he was doing it with me. And I couldn't ask for more.

"Hi my name is Hailee Erickson." I said. "Okay Hailee. Whenever you're ready." One of them said.

I brought my guitar with me. It gave me a sense of comfort and familiarity. It took my mind off of my anxiety.

I strummed a few chords. The song instantly brought a smile on my face. It was the first song I've ever heard of a singer that I've come to love.

You know that I'm a crazy bitch.
I do what I want when I feel like it.
All I wanna do is lose control. Oh! Oh!

I saw Ryder, sitting there amusement shining in his eyes. He was mouthing along the words. I was surprised he knew that song. I was doing an acoustic version of it, because I didn't have an electric guitar, or any other instrument.

But you don't really give a shit.
You go with, go with, go with it.
Cuz you're fucking crazy rock and roll.

My eyes were on Ryder the whole time. I was singing this song because it always brought a smile on my face. Just like Ryder. Who always managed to make me smile. And also because the song was litreally called 'Smile'.