CHAPTER 12✔

~I'm losing this battle.
With every word I say.

Wish I had a better lesson.
Of not giving myself away~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After 4 days my condition was no longer life threatening. I skipped a few days of school. They gave me more powerful drugs. I was finally getting discharged today. Andrea left me a bag of clothes and other stuff. I didn't want any of them to pick me up from the hospital. I wanted to go alone so they left me after me assuring them a thousand times that I'll be fine.

The nurse came in and took the cannula out of my hand. The slight sting made me cradle my hand. I got up from the bed and dragged myself to the washroom. Good thing there were no communal showers here. Otherwise I would've been okay with being dirty than to shower with other people. I don't know it was just weird.

I shampooed my hair and scrubbed off all the dirt from my body. The lump in my lower abdomen was invisible now. I got out of the shower and picked out clean clothes from the bad. I threw on the black leggings with a black hoodie.

I towel dried my hair and combed my finger through it. After it was somewhat tamed, I threw on my converse and picked up my bag. Andrea left my car in the parking lot so I could get home. Although she was against the idea of me driving while still being sick, she still obliged.

I opened my phone to see messages from Crystal. Great!! What does she want from me now?

Crystal: I'm so sorry.

Crystal: I heard what happened.

Crystal: You don't have to forgive me.

Crystal: At least let me know you're okay.

Crystal: For the love of God please reply.

I really didn't have the energy to answer her questions so I switched my phone off after telling Andrea to not contact me.

I picked up my bag and went to the reception to fill out some discharging form. I got out of the hospital and inhaled deeply. It felt good to be in fresh air. I walked to my car and got in.

I started driving to particularly nowhere. I just needed to escape reality for some time. And what's the best thing that helps you in escaping reality? Books. Lots and lots of books.

I first went to the cafe to get a latte to-go before I drove towards the only library I knew about. I turned on the radio to fill the silence. A familiar tune started playing. My heart shattered at the song I was hearing.

Flashback:-

I was singing my song in the recording studio. My eyes were closed as I poured my heart into the song. After I was done singing, I heard clapping. I immediately opened my eyes to see Landon leaning against the wall. I was alone until he showed up. I immediately got embarrassed when I realized he heard me singing.

Not that I had a bad voice. It was just really hard to sing in front of people. I took off my headphones and placed them on the mic stand. I opened the door and got out, hoping to escape without conversing with him.

But I was wrong. "Wow. That was phenomenal. And I don't even know what the word 'phenomenal' means." He said, making me chuckle at his joke.
"Umm thanks." I said, awkwardly shifting from one foot to another. He seemed amused by that.

"You really don't like singing in front of people I'm guessing." He said, leaning down a little to hold eye contact with me. "Not really." I said.