CHAPTER 31✔

~God keep my Head Above Water.
I lose my breath at the bottom.
Come rescue me. I'll be waiting.
I'm too young to fall asleep~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The monitor constantly beeped giving Ryder a sense of comfort that she was still alive. She had been through hell. She didn't deserve this. No one did.

After the window breaking incident, Hailee fainted. And since than she hasn't woken up. The constant stress had somehow made her cancer even worse. It was the cancer that made her go into coma.

It has been 5 days. 5 days of constant fear. Fear of losing her forever. She deserved the whole world. But this world didn't deserve her. She was fighting for her life every minute. Nightmare after nightmare was happening in her closed eyes.

Her mind was in a dark place. It was like she was drowning. Trying to keep her head above water but failing miserably. Trying to grasp onto anything that will get her out of the ocean.

She was terrified of sinking all the way to the bottom. She was terrified of someone not coming to help her. She was just terrified.

While Hailee laid in her bed, fighting a never ending war with her cancer, Ryder was there with her, fighting his own never ending war with self-hatred.

"How's she doing?" Mike said, sitting down on the hospital bed.

"She's alive." Ryder said, terrified that maybe after sometime she'll not be.

"She'll survive you know. She's been through worse." Mike said, eyes full of tears as he smiled a little at Ryder.

"I know." Though he still didn't believe anything he was saying. His mind was already in a dark place. But his heart held onto hope.

"With her like this. Something good came out of it. I finally like you a little." Mike said, grinning.

"Yeah. Maybe." Ryder didn't feel like talking anymore so he just excused himself and left the hospital.

A while later Crystal came into the hospital. Mike left when Ryder left. Crystal walked the halls of the hospital. It felt like they were closing in on her. Her shoulders were weighed down by the crushing guilt.

She deserves this. She deserves this. She deserves everything bad thing that happens to her.

She was chanting these words like a mantra over and over in her head. But she couldn't help breaking down when she saw Hailee's pale, lifeless body on a bed.

Sobs wrecked through her body as she realized what she was about to do.

She pressed a kiss to her forehead, her tears falling on her face.

"I'm sorry." Her words barely a whisper. But Hailee couldn't hear them. She was fighting her demons in her head.

Crystal slid to the floor crying. What the hell is wrong with her?

Her phone kept ringing. The person on the other end was growing more and more impatient. She wiped her eyes and answered the phone.

"I can't do it."

She didn't say anything else. She thought she could do it. But she wasn't that heartless. She wasn't psychotic. She had already done enough.

"Well sweetie you don't have a choice. You have to do it."

"I'm not gonna do it. I'm not psychotic like you." She was once again overpowered with more anger. But this time it wasn't because of Hailee.

"Do it. Or face the consequences."

"I'll do it." She hung up the phone. But she meant something else when she said those words.

After saying sorry to her step sister one last time, she left the hospital. She had no hope left. She ran to the alleyway behind the hospital.

Her hands clutched her purse tightly in her hands. The metal inside the purse terrified her. She was terrified of what she was about to do. But it was what she needed to do.

After everything she did, she had to do this for Hailee. Her hands shook constantly as she pulled out the dreadful object.

I'm so sorry Hailee.

She looked up into the sky, closed her eyes and put the gun on her head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I don't really come here that often. Maybe because I have everything and I don't want to ask for anything. Sometimes when I need guidance I turn to you. Today I've come to beg you. Her name's Hailee, which I guess you probably know." Ryder sat down on his knees in the church.

Tears were falling down his face but he didn't care. All he cared about was Hailee. Only Hailee.

While he was at the church begging for her life, she was there stirring in her sleep after 5 days.

"Hailee's the girl I'm in love with. She amazing. She's smart and you can't ever compete with her. She's funny without ever being mean. She loves singing. And God she deserves everything in this world. And I love her. God I love her. So please help me. Help her. Please save her. I need her."

Shocks were passing through her body. The uncomfortable feeling kept growing. It was hard to breath. In her head she was drowning in the ocean. She was struggling.

"She deserves a second chance at love. Please don't stop me from giving that to her. She needs it. I need it. I can't live without her. I should be the one struggling to fight for my life there instead of her. She already has had enough. What more could you want from her?" He screamed, pounding his fists in the carpeted floor.

She was drowning. Lower and lower. Her arms were thrashing. She kept fighting to hold onto something. Anything.

Just let go. Let go.

The voice kept saying in her head. But she didn't give up she kept fighting until she was exhausted. So she finally let go, sinking deeper and deeper into the ocean, never to be found again.

"God!! Can you even hear me?" He could cry an ocean right now.

Her heart monitor stopped beeping as she fell into a dreamless sleep at the pit of the ocean. But this time she won't wake up.

"Hailee!! Please save her. Please...s." He couldn't continue his words, his head on the carpeted floor, crying out loud.

"HAILEE!!" He cried out loud.

Her eyes opened suddenly as she heard Ryder's scream of pain. She blinked. And blinked a few times. Her heart rate sped up. She was okay. She was alive.

And that's all Ryder needed to know to go running back towards her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soooo did you like it?? I tried the whole 3rd person pov because I didn't want to keep switching their povs cause it would've been really messy.

Consider giving it a vote??

Avril's song up there😭😭❤❤💔💔 I LOVE HER❤❤😭

Crystal!! I'm kinda sad for her💔

Question of the day!!

Tv Series or Relationships??

Tv Shows for LIFEEE❤❤

Leave your answers in the comments ❤

Until next time.

M.K 💖