CHAPTER 23✔

~To hear your voice.
Above the noise.
And now I'm not alone.
You're singing to me~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was time for our performance. The text from that unknown number gave me unneeded anxiety. I was freaking out.

What if this person was not messing with me? What if he actually dies tonight?? No! I will not let that happen.

I couldn't save Landon. But I can save Ryder. And I will. Whatever it takes.

Crystal was backstage with us. She was not allowed here, but no one stopped her. She clung to Ryder like a leech. Ryder kept pushing her away, but she kept latching back to his arm.

I've had enough of her. I stomped towards them and held Crystal's arm tightly making her wince. I tore her arm away from Ryder.

"Stay away from MY Ryder." I said in a deadly voice, which I didn't know I could make.

She stepped away from him. But she didn't leave the backstage. Ryder chuckled at me and wrapped his one arm around my waist.

"For someone who's so short, you seriously are intimidating. Can't say I don't find that jealousy sexy." Ryder said, winking and biting his lip.

I slapped his chest playfully and started rubbing my hands on my jeans, nervously.

"Hey. Why are you so nervous? You just performed and you killed it. It's gonna be fine." He said, playing with a strand of my hair.

"Ok." Little did he know, I could care less about the concert. It was him I was worried about.

"Let's burn the stage." He said, winking at me as the curtains opened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Na na na na. Na na na yeah.
You are the music in me.
You know the words 'once upon a time.'
Make you listen? There's a reason.

When you dream there's a chance you'll find.
A little laughter. Or happy ever after.

Everyone started cheering as they realized which song we were signing. Ryder looked at me and smiled. I smiled back. He came towards me and we both looked at each other as we sang. The crowd seemed to disappear. The noise faded in the background.

The only thing that mattered was Ryder. We were both in a trance. Nothing interrupted us. His face glowed because of the spotlight making him even more gorgeous than he already is.

Your harmony to the melody.
It's echoing inside my head.
A single voice. Above the noise.
And like a common thread.
Hmm, you're pulling me.

His voice harmonized with mine perfectly. It was like two puzzle pieces meant to fit together. His one hand held my hand as we faced the giant crowd and sang our hearts out.

When I hear my favourite song.
I know that we belong.
Oh, you are the music in me.
Yeah its living in all of us.
And it's brought us here because.
Because you are the music in me.

We kept singing, dancing. The song came to an end. I could feel Ryder's happy gaze on me. I looked at him.

All this singing made me forgot the message. I was immediately hit with fear. I forced a fake smile on my face, as I searched the crowd frantically.

Ryder seemed to sense that something was wrong. We walked towards me and held my hand. It was a good thing he walked to me because the next thing we heard was a loud crash.