CHAPTER 15✔

~Not a day goes by.
Without thinking that I see.

Your face in the crowd
Turning away from me.

So the days go by.
Like a recurring dream.

Where every night ends with
The same old memory~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was the day I was dreading the most. And no it wasn't something simple like exams, or a admission in college. No. It was something far worse that that.

You know the feeling of your heart being crushed by all the pain that it just engulfs you and makes you numb? Yeah I was feeling that way. I've been feeling that way for a long long time.

Today was the day I lost him. Today was the day I lost myself. 27th August.

Landon's Death Anniversary.

I didn't even have the energy to cry. I was just laying in my bed, motionless staring at the ceiling. My eyes were closed, playing a beautiful yet tragic movie behind my eyelids.

Everyone knew what day it was today. So no one bothered me. Even Mike. Which is surprising,considering  he's a possessive kid.

I got up from my bed and walked towards my closet. I pulled out my 'Red Dress'.

Flashback :-

There was a package on my bed with a rose on top. I opened the package to see a beautiful, elegant Red Dress. It was from Landon. There was note saying to wear this dress and be ready.

I was going on my first date with him. I felt giddy and nervous. I put on the Red Dress and waited for him to come pick me up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After we were done with our date, we went home.

"You know I'm feeling creative. You wanna write a song? I just made up these words and they seem awesome." Landon said.

"Why don't you write the lines down?" I said. He picked up my lyric book and started scribbling.

He showed me the book. And I realized  that he wrote the song on me. Or more specifically my Red Dress that he gave me. He was smiling at me.

~Darling it's you I remember with your dress on.
Dancing in the moonlight till the break of dawn.
It's you I remember dancing with your Red dress on.~

"That's all the lyrics I got. You can add to it." He said. "I will and you could help me compose this." I said.

"What? You really wanna make this a song? It's kinda weird." He said.

"No its not. We will have a song that will only belong to us. What's more beautiful that that?" I said, looping my arms around his neck.

"You." He said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wore my Red Dress. The memories coming back to me hitting me like bricks. I pulled my hair into a top bun, and wore my converse. I just wasn't in mood for heels.

I walked downstairs. No one tried to talk to me. I opened my front door and went outside. I was not in the mood for driving so I just walked towards the cemetery.

I bought a few red roses from the florist there. Those roses reminded me of Ryder calling me rose. I quickly shook the thought of Ryder away. Today was Landon's. And I won't let my silly feelings for Ryder let that take away from him.