Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

Forty-two times. That's how many times Vanessa had apologized to me so far. Forty-two.  

It became so incredibly annoying that I returned to my dorm, telling her I'd see her in the morning, only to wake up before dawn by her knocking on my dorm room with an expensive coffee from an overrated coffee shop.

"Rise and shine my white knight." She said handing me the cup. 

I slumped against the door, as she brushed passed me into my dorm. I groaned, "What time is it?"

"Five-thirty."

I groaned louder.

"Don't whine." She tutted, "We have a whole morning before classes for me to express my utmost gratitude."

"You can express your gratitude by not expressing it and letting me sleep for a few more hours."

"Umm, yeah no. It's overwhelming, I couldn't even sleep last night."

"It still is night."

"Seriously, Olivia. I have so much gratitude I don't even know where to store it."

"I can think of a few places for you to store it." I mumbled to myself as I shut the door, and returned to my bed. It was so warm. I could drift off to sleep the moment I shut my eyes if Vanessa would let me.

She wouldn't.

"Come on." She nudged me, "Your coffee is going to get cold and that will make me cry."

"If you don't let me go back to sleep, I'm going to do something way worse to make you cry. You'll be sobbing for weeks."

"I'll buy you breakfast."

"No."

"I'll buy you lunch."

"No."

She huffed, "Okay, fine. I'll buy you dinner and I'll do your next American Lit essay that is assigned to you."

"You don't even take American Lit."

"I'll improvise." She grabbed my arm and pulled me up into a sitting position. I glared at her the glare of a million daggers. I could have cut her with my stare if I wanted to.

I wanted to.

"Fine." I surrendered, "I'll get up, but you're buying my lunch today."

She jumped up, "Deal."

I walked over to my closet and pulled out the first outfit I saw that wasn't totally ridiculous. As I got dressed and began to brush my hair, Vanessa cleared her throat.

I eyed her, "What?"

She looked a bit awkward, as she leaned against the wall, waiting for me to finish getting ready. "I know it was horrible, and I was a horrible friend for even making you kiss him, but I have to know."

I rose my eyebrows waiting for her to continue.

"Was it as good as everyone says it is?"

Maybe I will cut her. "Excuse me?"

She slumped, "Oh come on! You can't blame me for wondering. You kissed Ezra fucking Scott, was it good?"

I placed the brush down on the vanity. "You are so absolutely disgusting and way out of line."

"But it was good, wasn't it?"

Yes. "Shut up."

She couldn't hide the grin from her face, "Oh my God, you really liked it."