Chapter Twenty-Seven

When I woke up, Ezra was gone. I somehow didn't even hear him leave. I wonder if he was at his therapy appointment right now.   

I wonder why he must have therapy in the first place.

I got dressed and walked to the academics building. I didn't expect to see Ezra today, and I was right. He wasn't in any of our classes. I heard multiple students ask for him, one of them even came up to me during lunch.

"Do you know where Ezra is?" She was a short skinny girl, her hair was perfectly curled, and her outfit didn't have a wrinkle on it. She looked like a doll, almost unreal. She was beautiful, but so beautiful it was kind of creepy knowing it was all for a man.

I shook my head, "No idea." I lied, there was a reason Ezra didn't want anyone to know, so I'll keep his secret.

The girl nodded politely and sauntered off, though as she walked away, I noticed the pout on her face.

I was quite surprised she actually came up to me in the first place. Was our friendship really that closely monitored that they think I know where he is every moment of every day?

Even if I did know where he was, but that's not the point.

That evening, I wandered around campus, feeling strangely bored and alone despite having walked the campus by myself multiple times. Is it that Ezra has spoiled to the point where I don't even like being here without him?

I really need more friends.

I debated whether I should go to his dorm to check if he has come back yet, but the rational part of me scolded me for being so damn clingy.

I went to my own dorm instead.

I wasn't sure why, but knowing Ezra was gone made me nervous. Seeing as last time he was at a hospital he came back to campus with an overdose in his veins.

I wish I was there with him, wherever there was.

I found myself constantly checking out my window, wondering if I'd see him again, wandering the university grounds, too drugged to realize where he was.

But nothing, he never came.

The next day, I walked into class, assuming I'd see Ezra sitting in his usual spot, but again, he wasn't there. I waited through each different class period, and I even searched the entire university during lunch.

I thought once more about going to Ezra's dorm and checking to see if he was there. Maybe something was wrong.

But what if he was there and was fine? What if he got annoyed at me for being clingy? I did not want to be the clingy friend.

The students in our classes were also started to get more open about their curiosity. Ezra Scott mysteriously disappeared without warning, it was completely understandable that they'd start to ask questions.

They started stopping me in the halls asking for Ezra, some students would roll their eyes when I told them I swear I didn't know. Others would threaten me if I was lying, but that didn't scare me the slightest bit. Though, a lot of them were very polite about asking, I noticed the concern on a lot of girls' faces who obviously has massive crushes on Ezra. After all, the youngest billionaire on earth doesn't just walk away without anyone noticing. They just wanted to know if he was okay.

So, did I.

One the third day, I walked into class almost positive I'd see Ezra. But again, his desk was empty.