Chapter Thirty-Three

I made a big mistake.

Ezra most likely thinks I was playing him, and I don't blame him.

If anything, I kind of did.   

Sure, I didn't have to go to the party last night, but Ezra was my friend, and friends are supposed to be there for each other.

I wasn't there for him.

And now he thinks I've been using him this whole time by hanging with Vanessa behind his back.

I rubbed my face with my hands, God, he probably thought I was only talking to him for the money he was giving Vanessa.

I plopped my head down on my pillow and screamed into it. When I first started school at Trinity, I thought the most stressful thing about this place was going to be me not wearing the in-brand clothing that I certainly couldn't afford.

How wrong I was.

It's been two days since I've last seen Ezra. I managed to gather the courage to knock on his dorm door, and stood beside it for nearly half an hour before I convinced myself it was a waste of time, and he wasn't going to open the door for me, if he was even there at all.

I sighed, sitting up from my bed, I checked my phone, the time read 6:42, and that meant it was nearly time for me to leave for class.

I wondered if Ezra would be in class today. I wondered if I could get a chance to talk to him alone without hundreds of eyes feeding off our drama like it were a lifeline.

I brushed through my hair with my fingers as I grabbed my bookbag and left my dorm. There was an influx of students also beginning to leave their dorms, heading for their classes and in the midst of the crowded hallways, I searched for Ezra, knowing I wasn't going to see him.

Things are never that easy between us.

Exiting the dorm building, I even glanced where he normally leans against the brick wall to smoke. My heart sped up thinking maybe there was a chance he could be there, and that I'd be able to catch him alone after all.

But no, he was nowhere to be seen, and I was going to be late for class if I didn't stop searching for the miserable billionaire and move.

The academics building was oddly louder than usual. There was a large crowd of students near the front doors, and upon further inspection, I saw Ezra, casually talking to a few students as he walked into the building.

Ezra hated the students here at Trinity. He's expressed that hundreds of times, they were all just too stupid to realize it.

I was confident that I knew Ezra better than anyone here. I could read him better than I could read myself.

Which was why I could tell just how exhausted he looked, like he barely slept at all since we had last spoke. I noticed as he walked into the building that he stumbled ever-so-slightly, and that he was blinking a bit to many times, which meant he was either still slightly drunk from a night full of drinking, or he was severely hungover and fought hard not to show it.

Stupid rich boy.

I took a deep breath, gripped the strap of my bookbag that hung over my shoulder, and walked into the building.

I headed straight for my locker, where I grabbed my textbooks, and hoped to get to class without anyone noticing me.

Anyone meaning a slightly intoxicated and angry Ezra Scott.

I felt a sudden tap on my shoulder, and I turned over to see Vanessa, smiling at me.

Was she crazy? Surely, she would know that I couldn't hang out with her, and that doing so previously was a mistake.