Chapter Twenty-Eight

The building was huge. I should have expected it considering Ezra apparently visited here frequently. From the research I did last night, Dr. Athena worked here and has worked here for thirteen years, not only has she worked here in California, but has her own neuro study in New York as well.

Ezra was born in New York, I wonder if he's ever attended Dr. Athena's studies as a child.   

Before her, there was some guy named Dr. Walter Wesley, a 'special' psychiatrist who quit due to immense stress over certain patients. I couldn't blame him, if I had to work around people like Ezra all day I'd go mad too.

I walked into the hospital, taking in the expensive furniture and thousands of dollars worth of paintings on the walls. This place was definitely a Scott-funded hospital.

I approached the front desk where a secretary was sitting at. She was absolutely gorgeous despite looking a bit older. Her eyes were a sky-blue, and her hair was the most beautiful snow-white hair I have ever seen. By the look of the jewelry she wore, I could tell she was getting paid quite a lot to sit there all day.

"Can I help you?" She asked, looking up at me, I almost got lost in her eyes.

"Umm yes, I'm here to see Ezra Scott." I didn't even know if Ezra was here, but I certainly couldn't let her know that.

Her blue eyes widened, and she scanned me up and down.

Yeah, I don't exactly look like the type of girl who would know Ezra. I did try to wear my best clothes, but even then, a white sweater and jeans wasn't exactly screaming wealth.

"And are you family?" She said the word 'family' a second longer than she needed too, as if waiting for me to tell a lie.

"No, I'm his girlfriend." I immediately wanted to scold myself for saying that. Now she'd never believe me, every girl on the planet wants to be Ezra Scott's girlfriend. I must seem like just another Scott stalker.

Her eyes narrowed, "Well, I'm sorry but family only."

I tried to think of what a real girlfriend of Ezra Scott would do. She'd probably be bitchy, arrogant, and annoyingly entitled. How exactly do I pull that off knowing I only have twelve dollars in my bank account?

"Excuse me?" I said crossing my arms, hanging with Ezra had to of taught me something about being an asshole, a true, genuine, awful person. "I'm his girlfriend, if you don't believe me, then call his parents right now. They'll vouch."

Her lips pursed, as she hesitated, "You have no proof-"

"We go to Trinity together, why don't you go back there and tell him my name. Olivia Brooks, a viral video was released a few months ago of me punching him in class. We've been dating, I want to see him, and if you don't let me, I'm going to let him know exactly who it was who kept me from him." I read the fancy name tag pinned to her dress shirt, "Mabel Lewis."

I kept on a stone-cold expression, despite my heart racing. Mabel stared at me for what felt like the longest moment of my life, before swallowing, and nodding her head, "Fine, you have one hour or I'm calling security, do you understand me?" She handed me a white keycard, "His room is on level five, room 402."

"Finally." I muttered, grabbing the keycard from her, forcing myself to look annoyed, when in reality I was dancing on the inside.

This meant that not only was I right about Ezra coming here, but he was here right now.

They were keeping him.

I walked in an elevator and hit floor five. I really didn't think I'd get this far. I didn't even think Ezra was here. I hadn't thought about what would happen if I managed to not only find him here but get past the workers to his room.