Chapter 7

So it was finally time! I was finally gonna have my babies! But ouch did it hurt!

"Damon! It hurts! It hurts! Make it stop!"

"Elena darling, I'm here, but there not much I can do baby."

(Damon's POV)

Elena's scream pierce my ears.

"We gotta bring to the hospital, one of the babies is upside down, that could be very bad, and if she wants and epidural, then we gotta get her there fast."

"Okay, Stefan come here!"

"What's up?"

"Vamp speed Meredith to the hospital." I said.

"But-" he replied but u cut him off.

"I'm not in the mood to negotiate brother!" and then elena started screaming again.

"I'm sorry baby!" I said as I picked her up and vamp sped her to the hospital.

As soon as I set her down on her hospital bed, it looked like she peed the bed.

"Uh Meredith? I think elena just peed the bed..." I said uneasy.

"Um nope looks like her water just broke, but your only about 6cm dilated, so you still have a while to go, would you like an epidural?" She questioned Elena carefully.

"Yes! How soon can I get one?"

"I'll have that doctor come in when he's ready," she said an then she left oh crap.

"Elena, baby I'm here," I told her as I grabbed her hand, "everything's gonna be okay I'm not gonna let anything happen to you!"

She just say there taking deep breaths in and out curled up on her side.

"I want this baby out now!" She yelled at me.

"I know baby it's gonna come out soon, I promise," I said but truthfully, I don't really know much. Thankfully the Anesthesiologist walked in with Elena's epidural.

"Okay sweetie I'm gonna need you to sit up on the bed, and lean forward as much as you can, then I'm going to put this epidural into your back, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah sure!" she said and I got to her bed and helped her sit up, and held her hands as she leaned forward as much as she could for him.

"Okay! Good girl! That should kick in between five and ten minutes! Okay and good luck to you!"

An seven minutes later she was pain free.

And about an hour after the pain stopped I the doctor came in again, to check how dilated I was.

"Okay. Elena? Damon? You guys ready to go have a baby?"

"Yes!" We both said, then we were on our way to the delivery room. About half an hour later cries of our first baby girl filled the room.

"Damon? Wanna cut the cord?" Meredith asked me.

"Of course!" I said as I walked over to cut the cord.

Thankfully over the corse of the last couple weeks the other baby turned so we got to have it naturally.

"Okay baby push!" I said and she did over and over again for about 45mins, then our other babies cries filled the room, as Elena started crying and so did I! I just hugged her and hugged her while we both cried.

"Good job baby! I'm so proud of you!"

"Can I hold them? Can I hold my baby girls?"

And Meredith came and placed the babies in Elena's arms.

"OMG there beautiful!" she yelled once we got back into our room, we started talking about baby names.

"How about we each name one," Elena said she's always so sweet.

"If that's what you want baby," I said.

"Okay, I'm gonna name her... Emily Rose Salvatore!" Elena said with a giggle then kissed the babies forehead.

"Okay, I'm gonna name her.... Brittany Lilly Salvatore!"

"That's beautiful Damon!"

"Just like you!" I said. I really did love her, I mean she just gave me the two things I was missing from my life. Her marriage and children. I seriously could not be happier right now. except for the thought of Klaus filling my brain.

"Klaus," I said looking at the door and seeing him standing in the hallway.

"Hello love," he said with a huge grin appearing on his face.

(Elena POV)

He's not taking one of my babies!

"Your not taking one!" Damon said.

"Oh, Damon, if I wanted one right now, I'd have one. I don't want a child too much work so I'm gonna let you raise one but the first one to be put in the line of danger gets taken out for adoption," or so on and so forth.

"That's it? So we get to keep them both? No strings attached?"

"Nope," he said and with that I became the happiest women on the planet.