Chapter 39

"What kind of a problem?" Elena asked me. Then I explained it all to her. She was silent for a moment. Then she spoke.

"Let's go get that son of a bitch," she said.

"That's my girl," I told her.

"I'll pick you up and we'll go get her," Elena said.

"Here I have an idea. I'll go kick some ass, and you can make sure none of our other kids get stolen," I told her.

"Maybe I want to kick some ass. I might just be stronger than you, Damon," she told me.

"Elena-" I started but she cut me off.

"Okay, okay. I'll drop Spencer off with you and then I will go get our babies." she said.

"If that's what you want," I told her. I honestly just didn't want to argue.

(Elena's POV)

I got there and gave Spencer to Damon, then I got in the car. The bitch was going down. Why did everyone have to mess with my babies? Why can't people just let them be. Let me be. Let my family be. All we want is to be happy.

Once I arrived at Klaus', I shut the door and walked in. Breathed a deep breath and made my way to his door.

"Klaus?" I questioned as I slowly opened the door.

"Elena. What a wonderful surprise!" Klaus exclaimed.

"To what do I owe the pleasure?" He asked me.

"Your sister has my babies," I told him.

"Oh now that just won't do will it?" Klaus said, "follow me."

I did as he told me. He led me into a room upstairs.

"That was a test. You can't leave a human in charge of your children. I had to teach you a lesson," he said.

Tears filled my eyes. Tears of joy that was. I grabbed them and began to walk out, but I stopped in the doorway.

"Klaus?" I asked.

"Yes?"

"Thank you."

Then I continued walking. I got in the car and drive home. Damon was waiting my return. Once we got in I have him a huge hug.

"Elena," he said.

"Damon," I said.

"I'm glad your back."

"Me too."

We stood there in silence before I broke it.

"I think we can finally be a family. I think we might even be able to be what some people call.. happy," I told him.

"Elena, that's my dream, but-"

"No buts, don't ruin this moment."

And in that moment, everything was perfect.

THE END

...FOR NOW!

A.N. That's it! It's been a nice journey with everyone! I want to say thanks to everyone who helped me with this book, and all the readers! You guys are amazing! I will be having a sequel! Be watching for it! I'll update this once I start it! Once again thank you so very much!