Chapter 8

(Damon's POV)

We just took the babies inside and into there rooms. I put both the cribs in there and laid them down to sleep. I took Elena into my arms and I carried her bridal style into our room. I just held her close to me and I never wanted to let her go.

"Thank you," I whispered to her ever so slightly.

"What are you thanking me for? If anything I should be thanking you," she said.

"No need to thank me princess, I mean your the one who just gave me two beautiful baby girls," I whispered to her. But she was already asleep. My girl was really tired. Then Emily started crying, so I told Elena id go get her and Elena just went back to sleep. I grabbed the baby and got her to stop crying, then there was a knock at the door. I walked to the door and just as I opened it, I realized that I shouldn't have.

"Katherine," I said. I knew things were going too well for me, and something had to be popping up.

"Damon! May I hold her?" Katherine asked me about Emily.

"I don't think that's a good idea Katherine," I said, because that's putting my baby in harms way, and we only have one chance.

"Oh please! Let me hold my great-granddaughter!" she exclaimed. Over my dead body!

"Oh Katherine we all know your missing a couple hundred greats!" I said as I smirked.

"Damon?" I heard, I looked at the stairs and there was Elena.

"Elena!" exclaimed Katherine, "how nice to see you again!"

"Okay...." she said as she walked down the stairs. "Let me see my baby girl!" she said grabbing Emily out of my hands. "I'll leave you two to talk." she said as she walked up the stairs. She was so beautiful! Unlike Katherine...

( Elena's POV)

"There's my beautiful baby girl! Yes! Yes! There's my baby girl!" I said, as I sat with her in the rocking chair, but then Brittany started crying, so I put Emily in her swing. I picked her up and started feeding her. I wonder what Damon and Katherine's talking about....

(Damon's POV)

"What do you want Katherine," I asked obviously very annoyed.

"Oh Damon, this is why I loved Stefan," she said.

"Katherine, I'm a dad now. I don't want to deal with your crap. I don't have time for it. I'm too tired. I have much better things I could be doing."

"I need somewhere to live Damon! I'm human now! I've got no where to go!"

"Katherine! You've got to be kidding me! Elena's not gonna like this!"

"Does that mean I can?"

"Yes! But you gotta stay in Stefan wing! If you come over to ours your gone! Understand me?" I said.

"Yes! Thank you Damon! Thank you!"

(Elena's POV)

All of a sudden Damon walks into our nursery.

"Bad news baby," he said as he picked up Emily from her swing and sat down in the rocking chair next to me.

"Not now, can we just enjoy this moment?" I asked I was really tired.

"Yes, I'll wait till morning," He said as he grabbed my open hand.

"Do you think people will be able to just, you know, leave us alone, for just a little bit? So we can get use to, you know, being the mom and the dad?" I asked. I am really worried.

"Honey, I honestly couldn't tell you even if I tried, I would probably be wrong."

"I just want to be happy, for once in my life I just want to be happy with you, and with Em and Britt."

"You came up with nicknames for them? Already?"

"Yes I did. Let's let them sleep with us tonight. I'm just scared."

"It's okay babe. They can sleep with us."

We got up and brought them to our bed and we fell asleep together. We were finally a family. And blood is thicker than anything else in the world. And I know Damon will be a great dad. I can't wait till he can prove it to their little face.