Chapter 1: The Twins

Sophia

I can honestly say I've done many stupid things in my life.

"No," I instantly replied, squashing down her idea.

Most of them because of a certain blonde.

She batted her ocean blue eyes at me.

"No-no-no-no-no," I reiterated in a stern tone.

The tall, fair-haired girl in front of me wore a pout on her pretty, flawless face.

"Come on,Sop, " she persisted, being the stubborn person she had always been.

Unfortunately for her, I was equally adamant, if not more hardheaded than her.

"No, Stacy," I repeated with a sigh, then I spun in my swivel chair, a silent way of saying that the discussion was over. I pushed my rimless oval glasses up the bridge of my nose and faced my laptop, my fingers deftly flying across the keyboard.

Despite my calm demeanor, I inwardly squirmed, because I could feel her presence behind me.

I couldn't focus on my work with someone lingering close by, with her gaze heavily on my head.

Whirling around in my black chair, I clutched my temples as my brown eyes narrowed into slits.

"Ace, it is seven thirty pm, and I want to finish one more chapter before hitting the hay. I refuse to do what you're asking me to, and that is final," I said in agitation.

My twin folded her delicate arms across her chest, and she impatiently tapped her right bare foot against the cold white tiles.

Yet again, I wondered how we were related when our physical appearances were worlds apart.

Stacy had long yellow hair which flowed above her slender waist, she had the most arresting shade of sky blue eyes that went well on her heart-shaped face, and her skin was like vanilla---soft,white and creamy. She stood at five-ten, her lips were full and luscious, and her legs were long and supple. It was no wonder people often mistook her for a model or actress.

Me? Behind the rimless spectacles was a girl with chocolate tresses, long and curly, cascading down to my waist. My skin was fair, and though I wasn't as fit and svelte as my sister, my body index was perfectly average. My height? Five-eight. Eye color? Dark brown. I shared the same plump lips as my sibling, but with the way we dress and act, no one would be the wiser that we were of the same blood.

And now she was trying to convince me into another one of her shenanigans.

"Please, Sop!" she wheedled, and I jumped in my seat when she suddenly leaned over my left shoulder, her chin hovering beside my head while her hands curled around my black chair.

Realizing I couldn't continue my online story with 140 pounds of teenage whining lurking around, I closed my work-tabs, then arched my head back in a wearisome manner.

"Why is it such a big deal, anyway?" I finally asked, gazing up at the beige ceiling.

I heard Stacy let out a smirk. "It's just for fun, Sop."

"We should really be recharging our batteries," I told her as I rose from my swivel chair.

The tall blonde waved a dismissive hand while watching me stretch my arms like a kitten.

"It will only take thirty minutes," she promised, plopping down on my original spot, which was in front of my black laptop. Her fingers were swiftly tapping away along the keyboard buttons.

"Use your own laptop!" I groaned, but she ignored me.

My eyes surveyed our bedroom for the millionth time: Stacy and I have shared a room since we were three years old, and I have to admit, I'm highly pleased with its current state. The place reminded me of our relationship--simple, comfortable, and dynamic.