Chapter 39: Reliable

Stacy

Wednesday Morning. Judgement Day.

I was freaking nervous because my next class would start in five minutes and my client was nowhere in sight. And to make matters worse, I wasn't able to make him promise to arrive early. We merely worked in tense silence.

"Well, well, well. Looks like you're going to fail this project, Sta. Ana," drawled Madeline Ramirez, one of my bitchy classmates who has a crush on Bryce.

I glared at the slinky brunette. "That won't happen, Ramirez."

She made a show of shielding a palm over her amber eyes and looking around. "Where is he, then?"

"Are you sure you even want me to fail?" I taunted her. "You just want to see my client."

Truthfully, I was internally panicking and on the verge of slapping Madeline senseless. I hated it when someone mentioned failure. It made me even more anxious and petrified.

But I kept my cool. I picked up the pink paper bag from my desk-chair and scanned its contents.

I've worked very hard on this outfit, designing it and revising the details. I had just finished the final product yesterday, and I wasn't able to fit it on Bryce, but I hoped for the best.

RING!!!!

Shit. I was the only student left whose client was absent. My professor would arrive any second.

Lifting my black phone to my face, I squinted at the time. One minute before the subject began.

Feeling dejected and disappointed, my fingers curled around the pink paper bag tightly. He wasn't going to come, I realized. Perhaps he was fooling around with his annoying girlfriend.

SLAM!

All heads whipped to one direction. The light blue door swung open so hard, the fluorescent lights swayed left to right. I rubbed my forehead to ease the pain from hearing that noise.

In the doorway, looking ready to keel over with sweat trickling down his temples, was Bryce. He was hunched over and panting loudly as though he ran up all the flights of stairs to get here.

The tall, brown-haired male saw everyone blatantly gawking at him, and he shot them a scowl.

"What are you all staring at?" he snapped, which made my classmates avoid his dirty look.

Bryce suddenly raised his chin and straightened up, still wheezing, then he walked towards me.

He smoothed back his damp brown hair and he held out a palm to me. I was flummoxed by this.

"What?"

"The clothes, stupid."

I narrowed my sky blue eyes at him. "Don't call me stupid."

"Just give it over," he said impatiently, his palm still open.

I lowered my gaze to my pink paper bag, then I glanced at him with a frown. "There's not enough time for you to change in the boys' restroom. How will this work?"

"Who said I was going to the facilities?" he asked me and snatched the paper bag from my hand.

There was a general gasp from the girls when Bryce quickly pulled off his blue tie, his white polo, and he hid behind the teacher's desk to strip off his blue pants.

I face-palmed, shaking my head in dismay. I can't believe how shameless he was.

But I couldn't deny, though--he had a really fit build. I wonder if he goes to the gym--STOP.