Chapter 36: An Old Flame

Stacy

"You can still change your mind,Stacy. I'm willing to wait for you."

Wow. The way Tyler Estrada spoke, you'd think he carried a self-entitlement that I should be impressed by. He approached me the moment I stepped into the confines of the university.

"Don't you read the dictionary, Estrada? No means no. Nah. Nope. Never."

I crossed my arms before me as the handsome teen resumed his fruitless pleas to me.

"But Stacy, I broke up with my girlfriend so I could pursue you," Tyler stated proudly.

How lovely. He chucked aside an innocent girl just so he could try and woo me? Nice.

I cocked my head to the side, narrowing my blue eyes at him. He probably thought he could pressure me into giving him a chance by trying to convince me in a public place, hence, the reason why we were standing at the bottom steps leading to the Med-Tech building, where biology, pharmacy, chemistry, and physics majors attended most of their classes.

"And I assume that's supposed to make me feel special and honored? Buzz off, Estrada."

"But Stacy, I really like you. Why won't you go on a date with me?  I'm a terrific guy."

Terrific guy my ass. His efforts of dumping his former girlfriend was all in vain. A waste.

"What exactly do you like about me? I'd very much want to at least hear your excuses."

Tyler gestured to me from head to foot and cited: "You're the most gorgeous freshman here in Orion University. You're smart, talented, and popular. Every guy on campus has a crush on you."

"So because I'm the grade-A meat of this supermarket, you want me all to yourself?" I snorted derisively and sent him a lethal glare. "It's idiotic guys like you that make me want to hurl, Estrada. You're only in it for the chase. You join the race because of the trophy everyone wants. You're all words and no actions. And I pity you. I really do."

He opened his mouth like a fish stranded on land. He began to say: "But I---"

"YOU. BITCH!" a girl screamed from afar.

Such a wonderful Monday morning and someone was already causing a scene.

Tyler and I--including the rest of the students in white lab coats passing by--turned in the direction of the shrill voice.

A girl of average height and stick-straight black hair cascading over her shoulders was fuming as she angrily stomped towards me, her angelic face twisted in red fury, her hands balled into fists.

"YOU STOLE MY BOYFRIEND!" she yelled, lifting a hand to slap me but I caught her wrist.

Her pale hazel eyes widened in alarm. She clearly didn't expect me to fight back.

Still holding her wrist in a tight grip, I regarded her maturely. "I didn't steal him from you."

The girl forcefully yanked her arm from my hold then looked at me with sheer hatred.

"Yes, you did!" She shrieked. I rolled my eyes heavenward. More and more college students were spectating us, witnessing the confrontation I didn't need in my life.

The black-haired teenage girl pointed a menacing finger at Tyler, but she was glaring at me.

"This.. this unfaithful bastard broke up with me on our one-year anniversary because of you!"

Ah. The plot thickens. I studied the hysterical female closely, and I could imagine her having a romantic candlelit dinner with her now ex-boyfriend. I pictured him pathetically telling her that he didn't feel the same anymore. That he thought it was time to end their relationship.