Chapter 100: A Miracle

Sophia

Of all the vacant tables in the restaurant, why did it have to be the one closest to ours?

And Lucas was wearing a button-down the exact same dark green shade as my dress. How was that even fair? Possible, but unfair. He looks so cute no matter what he wears, it's definitely bothersome.

Bryce, sporting a light pink button-down shirt that made his brown hair look darker, was the first to recite his order to the slim waitress.

"Garlic rice, cream of mushroom, seafood bowl, asparagus with tofu, and mango shake."

I furtively stole a glance at their table before grinning at my sister. "He eats as much as you," I told her,nudging her arm using my elbow.

A faint scowl invaded her pretty features. She looked away. "Whatever."

My heartbeat thumped inside my chest as Lucas gave his order next.

"Chicken with shanghai fried rice, coleslaw, cream of cauliflower, chicken salad sandwich, and iced tea, please."

"Ow!" I felt Stacy kick me underneath the table. "Why'd you do that?"

My twin's pink lips formed a playful smile. "He ordered the same drink as you."

"Oh, shut up!" Oops. My voice was too loud. I caught the attention of seven other tables, including Lucas and Bryce's table.

I felt the heat spread in both my cheeks.

"Fudge, fudge, fudge," I said in panic, using my left hand to shield half of my face from their view.

Stacy propped her chin on her right palm and glanced heavenward. "I don't think the menu offers fudge, Sop. But they DO have Cream Cheese Brownie A La Mode. You want to add it?"

"Ace.." I intoned mild warning into that monosyllabic nickname.

My twin raised her hands in mock surrender. "Hey, relax, Sop.Oh, our orders are here."

The waitress served all the food we ordered: For me, a plate of rice and chicken, a bowl of plain soup,and a glass of iced tea. For Stacy, a saucer plate of clubhouse sandwiches, a medium platter of rice and boneless milk-fish, a small bowl of macaroni salad, a small bowl of crab and corn soup, and a tropical glass of mango shake.

"Surely you're not going to gobble all of that?" I asked my sister in disbelief.

The stunning blonde scoffed at me. "How vulgar. No,I am not going to 'gobble' all this up." She even air-quoted the term 'gobble' with a frown on her plump lips. "You're going to help me."

I gawked at the display of yummy food sandwiched between us on the square table. As mouthwatering as they appeared to look and smell, I wasn't in one of my bingeing moods.

"Tell me you're kidding. I don't even have the energy to finish my own meals," I pleaded.

"Is this the face of someone who's joshing you?" My twin pointed at her blank expression.

"Ace..." My voice was laced with laziness.

"That tone isn't going to work on me today, Sop. Technically, it's never worked before." She let out a soft giggle. She glanced at me, her sky blue eyes full of determination. "You need to eat."

Fifteen minutes later...

"Have you considered talking to him on the phone?"

I placed my chin between my palms glued together and locked eyes with my sister.

"And what do I say to him? Hey there, cutie.I was wondering if you could perhaps wait for me to get a heart transplant so we could hook up?" I wrinkled my nose. "Uh, no. My chances of being given a compatible heart are slim to none."