Chapter 6

I stared at the crowd in the hallway, wondering what's happening but chose to ignore it. Just so you know I'm not one of those people who likes high school drama and other chic stereotypes. I'm better than that.

I walked to my history class and sat there, as usual everyone's attention was on me once I stepped in the room but I just enjoyed and ignored it. I spot an empty seat beside Natalie and she's glaring at me like she's gonna jump me any moment now. I sat beside her to provoke her more.

"Someone's seating there already" She quickly said before I could sit down.

"Yeah? I don't find anyone seating here" I stated with a smirk.

"Just because she's not here doesn't mean she doesn't sit there" She lied, she really thinks she can lie to me?

"Yeah? You know what else is is not here? the fucks I give" I answered her.

"Stealing is really your thing" She snarked at me.

"Yup, I'm a self taught professional." I sassed and I heard Kayla chuckled.

"That was the first reply to me that I didn't find mean" She honestly admitted.

"Why do you always make everything I do a big deal?" I asked her with a serious face and she looked taken aback that I wasn't smirking and actually serious, she looked hilarious.

"Perhaps you're interested in me more than you should be" I stated in a suggestive voice and smirked.

"Piss off you bitch" She hissed and turned away, guess I got to her again.

"Ugh Natalie, what am I gonna do to you?" Kayla groaned as she saw the small scene that just happened.

"Maybe Support me?" Natalie replied sarcastically and I couldn't help but chuckle. Kayla was really nice and she sometimes scold Natalie for her rudeness.

"I'm sorry about her" Kayla told me and shot me an apologetic look while Natalie eyed me.

"Don't apologise to this despicable being, I don't get how you don't realise that she's the bad guy here" Natalie scoffed and Kayla just rolled her eyes and nudged her, I found it funny that Kayla can shut her up.

"Can I have your attention" The principal said as she knocked on our door and everybody else was in silence. She eyed me before she spoke but it went unnoticed to others.

"Your professor was murdered" She stated and as soon as it came out of her mouth, the room was filled with gasp and whispering.

"He was found dead last night and the officials are still investigating on it, so sadly your class will be suspended" Mrs.Brown announced then walked out.

"Thank God I don't have to seat beside the devil!" Natalie exclaimed and everyone looked at her.

"Which one?" I joked giving her a smirk, funny how she called me a devil when she doesn't mean it literally.

"What do you mean which one? of course I was pertaining to you" She hysterically answered.

"It amazes me how you manage to get attention from others, make a scene and be hysterical" I sneered at her and she was about to slap me when Vain caught her hand on time.

"How the hell did you get here?" Natalie asked.

"Does it matter?" Vain scoffed at her, I noticed Kayla examined Vain and not in a good way.

"Hey! Eyes up here redhead" Vain playfully scoffed and the redhead raised an eyebrow at him, I was amused to see the sassy side of Kayla.

"What are you even doing here?" Natalie asked again but Vain just ignored her.

"I have a name and it's not redhead, it's Kayla" She stated sternly and I smiled at the scene.

"Sorry to break it to you honey" Vain started.

"But I'm not interested" Vain added and cock his eyebrow.

"Who the fuck are you?" Natalie asked again.

"And will you stop asking me questions, this isn't jeopardy" Vain said and I can't help but snickered.

"C'mon Natalie let's go, I can smell danger" Kayla whispered but I heard it and she pulled Natalie away. What she said cause my eyebrows to furrow.

What does she mean by 'she smells danger'? Why is she acting kinda odd??

"Did you know her?" I asked Vain who also seemed to be in deep thought.

"No, I haven't even met her" Vain answered me and looked down on the floor, finding some answers on what Kayla just said.

"You sure you haven't slept with her?" I asked, I know Kayla isn't the type of chic to do one night stand according to how she appeared to be but what do I know?

"Yes, she's not even my type" He answered defensively.

"Are you sure" I grasped his forearm.

"I am" He looked me straight in the eye.

"Why were you here anyways?" I asked him curiously.

"I was just checking on you, sister" He answered but I know he was lying, if it was Damon or Lucio I could've believed it.

"You mean checking out the girls here" I said bluntly and he just grinned in respond.

"You know me too well sister"

"Hell yeah I do. I've lived with you since you were born, not to mention it's more than a thousand year"