Chapter 35

Veronica POV

I stared at Natalie's sleeping face, she looks peaceful. I know she's tired and frustrated with everything that's been happening. I'm also trying my best to make her feel better but lately she's been down and I don't know what to do anymore. I don't know why but I've also been feeling down, which is odd because as a Demon we don't normally feel that way for no reason. Could it be? that I'm connected to her more than I expected? Damn Natalie, what are you doing to me?

Sometimes I can't help but blame myself when I see her in pain. Well, it is my fault. If I didn't acted upon what I felt for her she shouldn't be in this position. Her life wouldn't be this messed up if it wasn't for me. But even though I blame myself I can't bring myself to regret the things we've done. Maybe for once I wanted to feel loved and wanted to feel love.  

Natalie's POV

I woke up in Veronica's arm, she wasn't asleep at all. She was just playing with my hair.

"Good morning" She greeted me and kissed my forehead.

I sat down and stared at my Aunt in coma, it's been almost a month and she's still not getting any better. I'm starting to lose hope and it hurts. I felt Veronica hugged me from behind.

"Don't lose hope babe, everything will be okay" she rubbed my shoulder. 

"I'm trying" I said. 

I cleaned up a bit to keep myself busy. Veronica was buying some stuff we need here in the hospital. I was watching a movie when the monitored started beeping. I panicked and immediately pressed the button to call for doctors. Her heartbeat went flat and my heart was beating so loud and fast, I was worried, scared and hurt all at once. I didn't notice that I was already crying. The doctors finally came and tried to revived her. I was sent outside, I was on the floor crying, when Veronica saw me. She hurried her way to me and asked what happened. 

Veronica's POV

I saw Natalie on the floor crying. I ran my towards her. She was sobbing uncontrollably, I hugged her and asked what happened. She told me that her Alexandra is dying. When those words left her mouth I froze for a moment. Should I? Is it what Damon warned me about? I stood up.

"Where are you going?" Natalie asked

"I need you to go to the cafeteria and stay there" I said in a stern voice.

"Why?" She asked.

"Do you trust me?" She nodded while sobbing.

"Then just do it" I said, she hesitated for a minute and do as I told. 

I went inside the room and nurses were telling me to go back outside. In a snap I froze everything in the room. I shouldn't be doing this but I no longer can bear with seeing Natalie getting constantly hurt. I know this will cost me a lot. I touched Alexandria's hand tried to find her soul in the hell. I know this was Satan's doing. I know he's going to be mad if he finds out. I found her soul in the dark corner of a room.

"Alexandria" I said and she looked up.

"It was you! I knew it!" She tried attacking me but she can't.

"I'm here to bring you back" I stated and she stopped to look at me.

"Why would you do that?" She asked as if it was the wrong thing to do.

"Natalie needs you and I can't see her like this" I said and brought Alexandria's soul back to her body in the living world. 

She grasped woke up and grasped for air. She was shock to see that everyone in the room wasn't moving except for me and her. 

"Thank you" She cried.

"Don't thank me" I said. 

I brought everything back to normal and made it look like as the doctors have revived her and wake her to her consciousness. I then disappeared. I guess my job is done here.

Natalie's POV

I went back to the room as soon as I found out that my Aunt was now okay. I entered the room and saw her awake. I couldn't help but rush to her and hugged her.

"Aunt Al!" I cried.

"Everything's okay now Natalie" She caressed my hair as I sobbed. 

"I thought I'd lose you forever" I cried. 

"You didn't" She said. 

I finally got myself together and remembered Veronica. I'm sure she did this, I'm sure she's the reason why Aunt Al is alive. I scanned the room but there was no signs of her.

"Looking for someone?" Aunt Al asked.

"Have you seen Veronica?" I asked.

"I did, but she left" Her statement made me anxious. where did she go? why did she leave? is she coming back? God tell me she's coming back!

"Natalie, she told me to tell you to meet her" Aunt Al said.

"Where?" I asked.

"At the cafe where you first met her" Aunt Al answered.