Chapter 34

Natalie's POV

It's been a week and Aunt Allie is not getting any better she was still in vegetative state. I was coping with things better now that Veronica is by my side. She's been a great help with everything but a part of me is scared that this will also cause more trouble, it's like I'm too scared to be happy with Veronica because the world has a messed up way of hurting me. I was staying in the room waiting for Veronica since she bought food for the both of us. It's feels like  it's been years with everything that has happened. I can't help but think about the future, I hope things get better. I want aunt Alie to live normally again. I don't want any of this drama anymore. I've always pictured my future with Veronica, she'll surely be there. My thoughts were interrupted when Veronica came in with some foods.

"Let's eat" She said and prepared the food. Lately, I've been having this odd feeling about Veronica, she makes my heart go crazy and I'm scared of what it could possibly mean. 

"You're zoning out again, babe" She chuckled. With just the simple use of endearment and my heart is already beating crazy. 

"Uh, I'm just hungry" I said. 

"So, what do you plan on doing after eating?" She asked.

"Uh, stay here?" I answered unsure.

"I think you need to go out, the hospital atmosphere is exhausting you" She said caressing my cheeks, and oh lord here goes my heart again pumping like a maniac.

"So what do you say we go somewhere? we won't be too long I promise" She's really good at convincing people I'll give her that. But right now, I'm skeptical of going anywhere away from my aunt. The last time I did it this happened, and I don't know what could possibly happen now.

"I don't know Veronica" I bit my lower lip feeling torn.

"Don't do that" She said in a serious voice. She was staring at my lips.

"Do what?" I asked, knowing exactly what she meant.

"You know what" She moved to a position where we're face to face and a couple of inches away from each others face. I swallowed and looked away, right now is not the right time to feel horny, I scolded myself.

"I'll call Kayla to look after your Aunt" She stated with a smirk.

"No, I don't want to bother anyone" I tried stopping her.

"I'm sure Kayla won't mind, she's an angel" She then picked up her phone and called Kayla.

I'm honestly not one hundred percent into this, I want to stay and make sure that nothing will happened to my aunt but this persistent devil was just not having it. Kayla finally came and I've told her to call us if anything happens. I'm nervous of leaving. When we were outside the hospital she led me to the parking lot, I was confused for a moment--neither one of us owns a car. But my assumption was proven wrong when she unlocked an Audi. 

"You have a car?" I asked.

"Yup" She replied shortly opening the door for me.

When I was inside I buckled my seat belt and Veronica started driving. She looked hot driving. Gosh I'm staring again. 

"I don't mind" I was startled by Veronica's voice. I blushed in embarrassment remembering she can hear my thoughts. Why do I always forget that?

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"Den bar" She replied shortly.

"What? you're taking me to a bar?" I asked, it's not that I was against it but I only get to go out now and she's taking me to a local bar.

"They have pool there, I want to play with you" She simply answered. 

"I don't even play billiard" I lied. Well I used to like it.

"Kayla told me you play well" She snorted. 

"I'm not in the mood for it" I stated.

"We'll have a deal to make things interesting" She smirked and that smirked scared me but at the same time it brought thrill in my body.

We arrived at the bar and went inside it was early around 6:30 pm so there's not much people inside. We ordered a few drinks and proceeded to the Billiard table. I wasn't too confident because I don't know how good Veronica play.

"So what's the deal" I asked as I pick up my cue stick.

"If I win I get to ask you a big favor, if you win you get to ask me a big favor" She said and I just stared at her.

"How big is this favor exactly?" I asked and she just chuckled in response. 

We started playing, she was breaking. I went for solids because they were in better position and for Veronica she was stripes. The game was serious but we manage to trashtalk each other sometime. It was fun yet intimidating. We laughed lightly at each others remark and for once I felt alive again. I felt lighter, I was happy. In the end she won although it was a close fight. After the game we went to visit the cafe where we first met and ate the same cheesecake that we fought over.

The date was so stress-relieving and amazing, she never fails to make me feel better--to make me happy. I stared at her as we drove back to the hospital, it was now around 8 pm. When we reached the hospital Veronica had a call and it excused herself because she had to run some errands, so I asked Kayla to stay for a little while. 

"How did the date went?" She asked. We were both sitting comfortably on the couch.

"I think I love her" I blurted which made Kayla choke on her ice cream. 

"Y-you what" She asked.

"I'm not sure and it scares me but I think I do love her Kayla.... is that a bad thing?" I asked.

"I don't know, you're situation is so complicated and loving her will make things more complicated. I like how she makes you happy and has been a great help to you but being with her will put a lot of things at risk." She said.

"Then I'm willing to risk"