Chapter 36

Natalie's POV

I hurried my way to the cafe and waited inside. I was worried as I waited for her, I've been waiting for almost an hour now. I don't know why but I'm also scared. I'm scared that she won't show herself, I'm scared that I won't see her again. And then she finally showed up and saw me. She approached me and sat on the seat in front of me.

"Why'd you left?" I asked, and then I saw a hickey on the lower part of her neck.

"What's that?" I asked pointing at the red spot on her neck. She didn't answer. 

"Veronica answer me" I snapped. 

"I'm breaking up with you" She said, and I felt my heart crush into pieces.

"W-what?" My eyes were teary.

"I don't want this relationship anymore" She stated, her face was stoic. 

"Why? is there another person?" I cried, my heart was being crushed. I just got finish from crying because of what happened from Aunt Al, and here it goes again another heartbreak.

"Natalie, when I came into your life I ruined everything. I can't commit because from time to time I'll be needing to have sex with a guy and I'll put your life at risk" She explained.

"I can endure that Veronica, I love you and I'm willing to sacrifice anything to you" I sounded desperate, because I was desperate. I can't imagine life without her, she was always there whenever I'm in trouble. 

"You don't mean that Natalie, you only say that because you don't know what you're going to lose" Her words cuts deeper than a knife. 

"I love you for fck's sake! I love you, and I'm willing to lose anything but you" I cried but her face wasn't showing any emotions, she was just staring at me blankly and it hurts so much.

"I'm a demon Natalie, a Sex demon and a spawn of Satan. I will bring nothing but pain and problems to you. Even if I wanted to change it and try to fight it, I can't. I can't protect you forever, I can't runaway from who I am. I'm born to be evil." she answered, her stoic and facade finally was wearing off. 

"The why? Why on earth did you make me fall in love with you?!" I screamed, I was confuse and broken. I felt pain and anger at the same time, maybe because I was frustrated and desperate. I can't loose her.

"Because I needed to get to Alexandria." She blatantly answered, and I felt used. Tears came streaming down my cheeks.

"But then shit happens, all of a sudden I cared for you and I saw how hurt you were when you almost lost Alexandria...I knew you need her more than you need me, you deserve to have a normal and happy life." She told me and I felt my heart break a thousand times. I didn't know I could hurt this much, I didn't know I could love this much.

"This is the big favor I'm going to ask you... I want you to take care of yourself and be happy without me. Live a normal life, get married and have kids. Those three things are important to you and I wan't give you those." She explained, but I wasn't having it. It was as if someone was stabbing my heart when she said those.

"Don't you love me?" My voice was breaking as I asked her that. I was scared, I was scared of her answer. 

"I can't love you, I don't feel that kind of thing" Even though she said that I saw it in her eyes that she doesn't mean that. She loves me, she has to. I know it, I feel it. I couldn't move, I was hurting too much, I couldn't stop the tears from falling down my cheeks. And just like that she disappeared. She left. She left me. I sat there broken. 

--------------------------------

It's been days since the break up and I can't bring myself to do anything. I didn't have the courage to live. Kayla has been visiting me everyday and Aunt Al was always at home with me. So this is what lifeless felt like. I feel numb. I feel like I'm good as dead. I will never see Veronica again and the thought of it kills me. It's like I'm just living out of compliance. I didn't know this will feel like hell. Did she love me? Does she still love me? that question still haunts me.