Chapter 24

Veronica's POV

I was summoned to go back to hell immediately, and so I did. When I get there our place was a mess. I saw Lucio and dad in a position where they are about to beat the living shit out of each other. I tiptoed my way to Vain and secretly whispered 'what's happening'.

"Lucio's fucking the preacher's son" Vain said with a smirk as my jaw dropped. As far as I know he was suppose to kill the preacher not kill the preacher with a heart attack because Lucio's fucking his son. 

"H-he what? h-he's not even gay! is he gay?" I exclaimed in a whisper manner.

"Maybe he's just gay for the church boy" Vain chuckled lightly. While we were having this conversation, dad and Lucio got into a physical fight. My mother tried to stopped them and finally got in between them.

"Stop it!" she yelled.

"Lucio you know this can't happened! you can't be with him! you're going to kill us all!!" She said as she rubbed dad's back to calm him down. Lucio did not talk back, instead he walked out of the scene. I saw Damon shook his head in disappointment. I was still trying to grasp what was happening when Vain nudged me. I can't believe he's smiling sheepishly at this!

"What is wrong with you?" I said harshly.

"Well, he's gay and dad's mad because of it--I guess Satan and God have some similarities then" Vain joked, I found humor in his words but I wasn't in the mood for some joke. 

I followed Lucio to his room and when I got there I saw him sitting on his bed staring into the abyss. He obviously was thinking of something. I sat beside him and he didn't budge a bit. 

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I will be when I see him" He said, still not giving me a glance.

"Are you sure about this? you know you will risk all of us. I know how much he means to you but you have to think this through" I tried saying it a non-defensive. 

"I know that, but you know I can't love someone and will never find love again if I let him go" He answered, this time he looked at me.

"I know you feel the same way, I know you like that Natalie girl. I'm fighting for him, I love him" When he said that I couldn't help but swallow a hard lump on my throat, when he said he loved him I saw it in his eyes how willing he was to give and sacrifice everything for that man and I'm not sure if I can also do that.