Chapter 28

Natalie's POV

A few moments after Veronica met Alexandria left the house because she got a call and it was a family emergency, I was worried of course but I let her anyways. 

"So is she your friend?" Aunt Alie asked. 

"More than friends" I answered, aunt Alie murmured something under her breath.

"We have to talk" she said, I couldn't read her emotion--is she mad? is she disappointed? did she not like Veronica?

She led me to the porch and sat me down, she sighed before she started the conversation.

"There is something you should know" She said.

"What is it?" I asked, I was nervous. 

"but first you have to tell me how serious you two are" She stated.

"okay, well." I paused for a moment trying to think of the right words to say.

"I like her a lot.... It's too soon to say that I love her but I'm willing to do anything for her" I answered with confidence.

"She's bad news Natalie" She said with venom in her tone.

"I'm gifted and you know that, I know what she is and I know that she's not good for you in any way" She looked concerned and that scares me.

"What are you saying? what's wrong with her? is it because she's a girl?" I asked, obviously, confused.

"She's not a human being, she's something worse" She answered as she held my hand.

"What? What on earth are you saying?" I was a little bit annoyed by the things she said.

"She's a succubus, a demon. A demon, Natalie. She is a demon. A succubus can never have a relationship with a human let alone have a committed relationship in general" she said with firm voice.

"W-what? are you serious, right now?" I asked as I feel like a fool talking to her. Demon do not exist. They're part of every religious tales but they do not actually exist.

"Listen to me, she's here to kill me and I think she's using you to get near me. She will hurt you." She looked serious, and honestly she looks scared.

"Why would she do that?" I asked.

"I just know" She tried to sound convincing but deep down I know she has something else to say. 

"This is ridiculous" I hissed and stood up. She caught me by my hand and stopped me.

"Natalie, listen to me you have to end things with her" She demanded, I looked at her as if she have lost her mind. 

"You just met her, and you don't have to make up some bullshit just because you don't like her" I said with anger evident in my voice, I walked away and left her there.