Chapter 33

Natalie's POV

I woke up with no one beside me, I felt disappointed. I went to the shower and took a bath, after I freshened up. I searched for her everywhere in the house but there were no signs of Veronica. I went to the terrace and saw an amazing view of the city. As I stayed there I couldn't help but think about things. What just happened between us with Veronica is something I could never forget. After we did the deed I think I've fallen deeper for her. She caressed and kissed my body like I was some God, she was gentle and loving which is a rare moment. Right now, everything feels right. It's like as if the world is making it up to me. 

My thoughts were later on disturbed with a phone call. It was Kayla.
(A/N: the italicized one is Kayla)

"Hello"

"Where are you?" she sounded worried and in panic.

"Why? What's happening?"

"It's your aunt" I froze and my heartbeat went fast.

"What about her?" I stammered.

"She's rushed to the hospital" 

"What? Why? Where?" I asked. After Kayla gave me the address I ended the call and headed there.

I reached the hospital and quickly asked the desk where my aunt's room was. I immediately went to her room and found Kayla beside her. 

"What happened?" I asked weakly.

"She fell from the stairs" She answered.

"It was so bad, she's now in comma" Kayla looked down as she said that. A tear instantly fell from my eye. I left her alone that's why this happened, it's all my fault. While I was out having the day of my life she's was at home--alone. God, I'm so selfish. 

"This is all my fault" I sat down next to Kayla and cried. 

"It's not your fault" She tried convincing me but I know deep inside, it is my fault.

"Did you talk to Veronica?" She asked, by the mention of the name I felt an ounce better. 

"Yes" I nodded.

"How did it go?" She asked.

"It went well until tonight.... she disappeared" I said.

"Do you think she did this?" I asked Kayla. 

"I don't know Natalie" She answered. 

Later that night Kayla had to leave me because she still have to go back to her kids, she sound so old. I ate my dinner at the cafeteria of the hospital, and as much as I hate hospital food I had no choice. I went back to the room after with a cup of coffee on my hand and a dessert on the other hand. I opened the door and was shocked to see Veronica there. She was sitting at the couch where Kayla and I  sat.

"Good, you're here" She stood up and helped me carry the things I brought.

"Why are you here?" I asked, confused.

"I heard about what happened, and I know you need someone right now." She answered as we sat back down to the couch. 

So, she didn't do it. But obviously she has an idea who did because she found out about the incident.

"Are you okay?" She cupped my face to check it.

"No, I'm not okay" I answered honestly. 

"We still need to talk"I said. 

"Okay" She simply replied.

"How'd you know I'm here?" I started.

"Jack told me" She answered.

"How did he know?" I asked.

"News has been circulating around hell, they said Satan had took things to his own hands" She said.

"Where were you when I woke up?" She looked at me and paused, I was growing anxious with the silence. 

"I helped my brother Lucio about something" She did not explain any further.

"what is it that they need from my aunt" I asked.

"It doesn't matter Satan is going after her" She answered as if what she said won't affect me at all. What kind of answer is that anyway? If it doesn't matter to you, it matters to me! have you think about that? 

"Natalie, that's why I'm here. I'll help you and Alexandria" She stared into my eyes as she said those. I felt my heart beat fast. For a moment I felt safe, I felt secured, as if I finally found help. 

"You need to get some rest,  you look exhausted" I was hesitant on taking a nap because anything can happen in just a blink of an eye.

"It's okay Natalie, I'm here" She reassured me with a smile. 

I trust you Veronica.